Patient Access Positions- Mercy Health LorainRequisition R088950 Market Lorain, Ohio Department SS Revenue Cycle - Legacy MH Acute Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Bon Secours exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Bon Secours seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Patient Access – insert hospital/location name
The Patient Access Representative is the first line of quality service to our patients and the community, ensuring patient safety and identity protection. In addition, Patient Access services will be responsible for processing patient registration, verifying demographics, obtaining insurance cards and identification, and updating medical records accurately and efficiently. Responsibilities include scheduling appointments, transcribing orders, explaining financial options to patients, and updating medical records accurately and efficiently.
- Provides excellent customer service and communications skills with patients, medical staff, and the general public
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems promptly
- Performs registration and basic insurance verification, ensuring accurate patient identity for billing
- Maintains the confidentiality of all patients’ records and accounts
- Ensures patient flow is maintained and informs Supervisor of any department and patient issues immediately
- Ability to answer the telephone using an established greeting and assists callers in a friendly and helpful manner
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or GED
- Associate Degree preferred but not required
- Prior experience in patient registration/healthcare preferred but not required
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred but not required
Skills & Abilities:
- Possesses problem-solving skills, basic computer skills, 40 WPM typing skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Engage with staff and patients in a professional manner
- Basic math skills
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Revenue Cycle - Legacy MH Acute
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse