Radiation TherapistRequisition R063267 Market Lorain, Ohio Department Cancer Center - Lorain Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The staff radiation therapist, under general supervision by a radiation oncologist, medical physicist, and department manager, performs a variety of technical procedures within the radiation oncology department. The staff radiation therapist performs CT simulations and delivers therapeutic radiation as prescribed by the radiation oncologist. All job duties of the staff radiation therapist are to be completed in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited radiation therapy program
- Certified in radiation therapy by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Current state license for radiation therapy from Ohio Department of Health
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- Radiation therapy experience preferred
- CT simulation experience preferred
- Familiarity with Mosaiq preferred
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of various radiation therapy treatment modalities (3D, VMAT, SRS, SBRT, HDR, SRT)
- Understanding of radiation safety standards and best practices
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
- Detail oriented
- Understanding of proper patient lifting techniques
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate radiation therapy equipment in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- Assist with coordinating treatment/ simulation scheduling
- Promote effective communication within the radiation oncology department
- Properly identify patients prior to initiating treatments or simulations
- Promote patient education by effectively communicating procedures, reinforcing instructions, and answering questions when appropriate
- Assist with patient positioning
- Assist patients to and from waiting areas when necessary
- Create custom patient immobilization devices for reproducibility
- Cut electron blocks
- Remove soiled linen/ restock clean linen in treatment and simulation rooms.
- Perform patient imaging as requested by the radiation oncologist.
- Place appropriate markings on patients in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitor supplies for simulations and treatments and notify management when orders are needed.
- Perform chart checks and proper documentation to ensure accurate treatments are delivered and recorded
- Monitor patients via audio/visual system during treatment
- Perform daily morning QA on radiation therapy equipment
- Report any equipment or patient issues to the proper members of the radiation oncology team in a timely manner
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Adhere to work schedule.
- Perform other ancillary duties as needed
- Adhere to all departmental policies and procedures
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Cancer Center - Lorain
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse