Radiology Technologist, Imaging, Mercy LorainRequisition R084806 Market Lorain, Ohio Department Radiology - Diagnostic - Lorain - X Ray Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Performs a full scope of radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures that create the images needed for diagnosis at the request of and for interpretation by a licensed practitioner. Applies the art and skill of diagnostic radiography in direct patient care through the safe and effective use of radiography practice.
Essential Job Functions
- Administers medications parenterally through new or existing vascular access, enterally or through other appropriate routes as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
- Administers medications with an infusion pump or power injector as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
- Applies principles of ALARA to minimize exposure to patient, self and others.
- Applies principles of patient safety during all aspects of patient care.
- Assists in maintaining medical records, respecting confidentiality and established policy.
- Corroborates with patient’s clinical history with procedure and ensures information is documented and available for use by a licensed practitioner.
- Educates and monitors students and other health care providers.
- Evaluates images for proper positioning and determines if additional images will improve the procedure or treatment outcome.
- Evaluates images for technical quality and ensuring proper identification is recorded.
- Identifies and responding to emergency situations.
- Identifies, prepares and/or administers medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
- Performs ongoing quality assurance activities.
- Performs venipuncture as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
- Postprocesses data.
- Prepares patients for procedures.
- Provides education.
- Provides optimal patient care.
- Receives, relays and documents verbal, written and electronic orders in the patient’s medical record.
- Selects the appropriate protocol and optimizes technical factors while maximizing patient safety.
- Starts, maintains and/or removes intravenous access as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
- Verifies archival storage of data.
- Verifies informed consent for applicable procedures.
- Assists the licensed practitioner with fluoroscopic and specialized radiologic procedures.
- Performs diagnostic radiographic and noninterpretive fluoroscopic procedures as prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
Other Job Functions
Maintains confidentiality of the patients health information in accordance with the health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
Participates in the department's quality assessment and improvement plan
Assists with duplication of patients records for requesting entities
Transports patients as necessary
Obtains additional patient records as needed
Maintains continuing education hours as required by the ARRT
Restocks rooms and maintains cleanliness of work area
Takes call as required
C-Arm proficiency, Fluoroscopic procedures, Pediatrics, Trauma procedures, Perform routine radiographic examinations, Capture documentation, Recognize and respond to changes in patient’s condition, Educate patient and family, Critical thinking, Communicate professionally, Exhibit professionalism
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:24
Department:Radiology - Diagnostic - Lorain - X Ray
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse