EHR Project Mgr 2Requisition R051566 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Electronic Health Record Project Manager 2(PM) directs the activities of selected BSMH enterprise-wide implementations. The project budget can typically up to $5m.Using established project management methodology and tools, the PM is responsible for overall organization, tracking and status of activities for designated IS projects.The PM works with managers in BSMH and the Enterprise and Local System (including IS leaders and project champions) to ensure customer commitments and project objectives for cost, quality, and delivery time are met. The PM uses project management tools for planning, scheduling, risk assessment, requirements gathering, estimating, and implementing, (including developing plans, interviewing, facilitating meetings, developing budgets, and tracking information, such as budgets, schedule, and results for all outstanding projects.)The PM will also create weekly project status reports for the EHR PMO Manager, and will conduct periodic project status meetings with stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrable commitment to their project (ownership and accountability)
- Strong business acumen (specifically assessing business readiness and mitigation plans)
- Proven experience managing large multimillion dollar projects that have significant business implications
- Build win-win relationships with Business and IT partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing abilities. Comfortable leading regional / remote teams; dealing with ambiguity
- Mentor and support other project managers
- Strong communications skills; written, presentation and oral
- Ability to identify and remove project roadblocks, resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Deliver high quality project plans, status updates and reports in conjunction with the technical project leaders
- Collaborative approach to the business with the ability to adapt to new technology solutions utilized by clients
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor's Degree Healthcare, Business, IT or Computer Science
PMP or ITIL
Minimum Years and Type of Experience: 7 – 10 years’ experience in Project Coordination/Project Management
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience. Coordinate day to day activities and communicate effectively with application teams. Outstanding prioritization, follow-up, and communication skills required. Ability to research, organize, analyze and synthesize data to support effective decision making. Effectively navigate shifting priorities, demands, and timelines in a fluid environment. Experience in managing projects and leading meetings. Excellent at providing and receiving feedback regarding job performance.Willingness to travel throughout all markets during go lives.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred: Experience with implementing clinical information systems and/or large-scale and complex standardization and implementation of a system
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS I&T - EHR Operations
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN