Director of Nursing - Operating Room, Memorial Regional Medical CenterRequisition R051169 Market Mechanicsville, VA Department Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Director of Surgical Services will have oversight of both the main operating room and the ambulatory surgery operating room team at Memorial Regional Medical Center.
Responsible for the overall direction and management of the main operating room and partial oversight of ASU. Responsible for managing personnel, preparing and monitoring operating and capital budgets, quality assurance, staffing levels, developing goals and objectives, as well as developing and implementing department wide policies and procedures. Works through subordinate supervisors to accomplish duties and responsibilities.
1. Manages, directs and coordinates the operation of Surgical Services assuring maximum utilization of available resources.Develops overall staffing patterns for Surgical Services. Selects, evaluates and disciplines departmental personnel. Responsible for efficient interdepartmental and intradepartmental communications. Develops various departmental reports as requested.
2. Ensures high quality services by working with physician specialist including surgeons, anesthesiologist, radiologists, cardiologist, and gastroenterologist. Investigates and studies trends and developments in Surgical Services practices and techniques and develops new procedures to reflect applicable advances in the field. Evaluates and makes recommendations for purchase of operating room equipment in conjunction with physicians’ input.
3. Prepares project scope, financial forecast, volume projections and capital expenses for any new project.
4. Markets and develops strategies to improve volumes and increase business.
5. Provides information and input, and formulates recommendations into the development of patient charges, and current and new surgical services.
6. Serves as an administrative resource person for specific projects and demographic data necessary to prepare CONs, special projects, etc.
7. Establishes departmental objectives and annual budget in collaboration with physicians, the Vice President, and Fiscal Services staff. Reviews objectives monthly to ensure attainment and justifies expenditures. Prepares capital budget requests following hospital policy per acquisition.
8. Provides guidance and assistance to staff with technical problems when necessary.
9. Instructs Surgical Services employees in new techniques. Continually works to upgrade skills of all Surgical Services employees.
10. Participates in programs, which explain and promote surgical services careers throughout the community.
11. Completes budget variance reports and delineates reasons for variances. Manages business of the Department within budgetary guidelines. Responsible for fiscal profitability of Surgical Services.
12. Serves as a member of various committees (hospital and medical staff).
1. Must be a Registered Nurse Licensed in VA. Work requires professional level of knowledge in finance, personnel management, budgeting, and planning at a level generally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree Nursing. Graduate degree in business management, healthcare administration, nursing or equivalent is preferred.
2. Work requires working knowledge of activities and services related to surgical services, as well as demonstrated managerial and leadership ability at a level generally acquired during five to seven years of progressively more responsible experience within Surgical Services.
3. Work requires previous experience in Surgical Services that emphasized planning and directing the work activities of a large, complex area, developing and monitoring budgets, developing goals and objectives and supervising a large number of technical, clinical and clerical employees.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Inpatient Surgery - Memorial
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN