Housekeeping PRN - Memorial Regional Medical CenterRequisition R047957 Market Mechanicsville, VA Department Shift Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Responsible for all related housekeeping duties necessary within the Environmental Services Department scope of service and area of responsibility. Responsible for providing and maintaining a safe, clean and sanitary environment. Reports maintenance related items for repair. Practices good safety and infection control habits.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a clean and dust-free environment to assist in infection control.
- Cleans assigned and specialized areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Removes waste and soiled linens from work area and places in specified bags or containers. Utilizes, dilutes, stores, transports and disposes of chemicals according to manufacturer specifications and department procedures.
- Follows universal precautions, blood borne pathogen procedures and uses personal protective equipment as needed.
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
- Assists in cleaning emergency spills that are observed or reported.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares room for new patient.
- Attends all mandatory and assigned meetings. Enhanced growth and development through in-service and educational programs.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Environmental Services - Memorial
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN