Vascular Tech PRNRequisition R080215 Market Midlothian, Virginia Department Vascular Lab - St. Francis - Richmond Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
PRIMARY FUNCTION/GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary responsibilities of this position are to perform various complex, diagnostic, non-invasive vascular studies to evaluate the condition of the cerebrovascular (extracranialand intracranial), arterial and venous systems.
- Work requires a degree or certificate from an AMA approved school in an allied health field with knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physics and diseases of the vascular systems.
- Work requires knowledge and experience in duplex imaging and Doppler techniques with the ability to properly operate, maintain and troubleshoot equipment at a level generally acquired during six to twelve months of on-the-job training and experience.
- Vascular Technology registered or registry eligible (ARDMS) preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- Position requires maintaining specialty credentials in accordance with technical affiliated organization specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs non-invasive vascular studies including the following (through 8):
1. Carotid duplex and/or color flow scanning.
2. Upper arterial exams, including pulse volume recordings, segmentalnDoppler pressures, spectral analysis waveforms, and digital photoplethysmography.
3. Lower arterial exams, including pulse volume recordings, segmental Doppler pressures, spectral analysis waveforms, and digital photoplethysmography:
a. Lower arterial exercise studies performed utilizing a treadmill and post-exercise ankle and arm pressures and
b. Reactive hyperemia when indicated;
4. Duplex and/or color flow duplex imaging with pulsed wave Doppler analysis of peripheral arteries, including peripheral bypass grafts, dialysis access grafts, etc;
5. Upper venous exams including duplex and/or color flow duplex imaging with pulsed wave Doppler analysis;
6. Lower venous exams including duplex and/or color flow duplex imaging with pulsed wave Doppler analysis; and
7. Miscellaneous procedures.
8. Performs appropriately ordered procedures, calls referring physician(s) to clarify order(s) and gets additional orders/or gives a technical preliminary report.
9. Records appropriate information on the daily log book; documents and submits data to physician reader for interpretation.
10. Interprets and correlates data; evaluates symptoms and disease states; recognizes progressive symptoms or changes in patient's mental status; and explains procedures to patients to allay any apprehensions and elicit cooperation.
11. Moves vascular lab equipment for portable exams--transports patients (wheelchair or stretcher), when necessary.
12. Serves as an assistant to the Supervisor to provide training and education of new staff members, coordination of vascular conferences and quality control.
13. Maintains appropriate and accurate patient charges.
14. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.Provides care to neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, geriatrics
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Vascular Lab - St. Francis - Richmond
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse