RN - Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery
Newport News, Virginia
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
RN - Registered Nurse - Labor & DeliveryRequisition R127399 Market Newport News, Virginia Department Women's Services (Antepartum) 2N - Mary Immaculate Shift Evenings/Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Bon Secours exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Bon Secours seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Mary Immaculate Hospital
In 1952, Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital (MIH) opened its doors to provide exceptional medical care in the only faith-based hospital on the Peninsula. Since then, our mission has evolved and grown, but we have kept our focus on providing the highest quality care through innovative procedures delivered by highly skilled and caring health care professionals.
The 125-bed hospital is also a 5-star CMS rated facility and was awarded a Patient Safety Grade “A” Designation from The Leapfrog Group. As an ANCC Magnet designated facility, MIH is committed to an environment where nurses can flourish. A Joint Commission Certified Joint Center & Stroke Center, MIH is also home to an award-winning orthopedic program and has earned Blue Distinction in Bariatrics as a Center of Excellence.
Registered Nurse (RN) – Obstetrics (OB) – Mary Immaculate Hospital
The Obstetrics (OB) Registered Nurse (RN) position is responsible for delivering exceptional nursing care to patients by:
- Utilizing strong organizational and leadership skills to assess patient status
- Determining the priority of the patient’s problems and needs
- Implementing clinical nursing interventions to acute, critical patients that require intensive medical care
- Developing and performing patient care plans to enhance and improve outcomes
- Ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary care team
- Addresses the care provided to healthcare consumers in the context of woman-, newborn-, and family- centered care; and includes those who do not self-identify as women, or exclusively as women, as well as all people parenting newborns
- Provides episodic (outpatient) and inpatient (at designated units) Obstetrical/Women's Health nursing care where applicable
- Applies the nursing process in the care of women during pregnancy, birth, postpartum, gynecological, and other women's health issues and the neonate from birth until discharge with differing gestational ages, diagnoses, and complications
- Delivers care to women of all ages requiring triage, prioritization, assessment, education, stabilization, resuscitation, and emergency management
- Administer medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Practice and the organization’s policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Associates degree or Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification - National Certification Corporation (preferred if interpreting fetal monitoring)
- NPR Neonatal Resuscitation Program (required within 6 months of hire)
- One (1) year of professional experience practicing as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Recent OB, ED or Critical Care experience (preferred, not required)
- EPIC Electronic Health Record training (preferred, not required)
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:32
Department:Women's Services (Antepartum) 2N - Mary Immaculate
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off