Case Manager - Quality Care Management - Mercy Health St. Vincent -Requisition R028864 Market Toledo, OH Department SS Quality - Care Management Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Summary of Primary Function:
Manages patient transitions of care through the hospital and then to the appropriate post-acute setting. Assures third-party payor approval for any services provided. Assures appropriate documentation to support patient status, level of care and DRG.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current RN license in the state of Ohio. BSN preferred, or must be obtained within 3 years.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years clinical experience. Clinical specialty or case management certification preferred.
- Case Management experience preferred. Case Management certification preferred.
- Ability to analyze clinical, financial and social situations, identifying problems and alternative courses of action.
- Willingness to be flexible, resourceful, and creative in problem solving.
- Ability to act independently and offer suggestions and new ideas for improving performance and operations.
- Ability to guide and direct the health care team to assure optimal outcomes. Clinical expertise in specialty area.
- Ability to organize and present information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with physicians, patients, families and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of DRG assignment.
- Current CPR certification required. ACLS and other certifications may be required.
The Case Manager/UR Nurse directs and guides the healthcare team to assure appropriateness of patient status. level of care and DRG; and serves as the lead contact with payors and outside healthcare agencies.
8a-6:30pm with weekend rotation per unit policy.
20 hours per week (2 10 hour shifts)
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Department:SS Quality - Care Management
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN