Head of Data ScienceRequisition R094668 Market Remote Department SS Analytics Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Head of Data Science will hire and manage a team of data scientists and ML engineers who use machine learning, data mining, and information retrieval to design, prototype and build next generation advanced analytics engines and services. The Head of Data Science collaborates with business partners to define the technical problem statement and hypothesis to test; develops efficient and accurate analytical models that mimic business decisions and incorporates them into analytical data products or tools with the support of a cross-functional team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Hire and manage a growing team of Data Scientists and ML Engineers, including deploying them to squads and conducting performance management
- Collaborate with business partners to develop novel ways to meet objectives utilizing cutting edge techniques and tools
- Effectively communicate the analytics approach and how it will meet and address objectives to business partners
- Advocate and educate on the value of data driven decision making focusing on the “how and why” of solving problems
- Lead analytic approaches, integrating work into applications and tools with data engineers, business leads, analysts and developers
- Create repeatable, interpretable, dynamic and scalable models that are seamlessly incorporated into analytic data products
- Lead testing and scaling of new algorithms through pilots and later industrialize the solutions at scale
- Engineer features by using their business acumen to find new ways to combine disparate internal and external data sources
- Share their passion for Data Science with broader enterprise community; identify and develop long-term processes, frameworks, tools, methods and standards
- Stay connected with external sources of ideas through conferences and community engagements
- Organize chapter meetings to bring together all data scientists across the ministry
- Be hands on and engage in coding to help the team to develop his / her solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand
- Spend ~50% of time participating in an agile squad to build solutions
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelors. Masters in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics.
- Minimum Years and Type of Experience Required: 6+ years of experience working in data science role; 7+ years of experience working in data engineering, analyst, or architecture role
- Minimum Years and Type of Experience Preferred: 8+ years of experience working in data science role
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse