Server Engineer IIRequisition R026236 Market Cincinnati, OH Department SS I&T - Technology & Infrastructure Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Position Title: Server Engineer II, Intel / Windows
Department: Information Technology
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, Richmond, VA
Shift: Primarily M-F 8-5 Must be willing to work off shifts, nights, weekends as required.
Reports To: Server Technology Manager, IT
The Server Engineer II responsibilities include completing work on major, complex projects with full competency. Coordinate with both technical and non-technical staff and vendors on the implementation of complex projects. Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex problems on both physical and virtual infrastructure platforms. Recommend, implement and document corrective solutions and preventative measures. Participate in evaluation and recommendation of new technology solutions. Provide Tier 3 support and guidance to IT for all Health System and affiliate entities. Document work in the form of policies, standards and knowledge base articles.
This position consists of ensuring solutions are delivered in adherence of defined standards and policy.
The Server Engineer II position is expected to actively work technical projects as well as provide/receive guidance to/from team members as needed to ensure quality and delivery of work.
This position is expected to work both independently and with various teams across the Bon Secours Mercy Health enterprise.
- Provide training and mentoring on technologies to peers and colleagues
- Assist with the evaluation and recommendation of technical solutions based on requirements, ranging from group to enterprise wide deployments
- Engage in tier 2 and tier 3 troubleshooting on issues identified with deployed services, providing resolution and remediation
- Perform tasks related to the operation, servicing, trouble shooting, and administration platform technologies:
- Windows Server Operating Systems and components
- Active Directory
- Name Resolution Services (DNS & WINS)
- Server Hardware Platforms
- Virtualization platforms
- High Availability and Clustered configurations
- Antivirus and Patch Management
Position Requirements (Technical Skills):
- 5+ years of experience in Windows Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience VMWare Virtualization technologies
- VCP, MCSE Technical Certifications preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Active Directory and included components
- Intermediate knowledge of VMWare ESX and infrastructure components
- Working knowledge of PowerShell, User/Kernel Dump analysis, Network protocol & packet analysis
- Experience with Cisco UCS servers and infrastructure components
- Knowledge with server backup and recovery methodologies
- Knowledge of storage system configurations including NFS and fiber channel
- Server Patch Management and Antivirus methodologies and best practices
- Experience in large heterogeneous (1000+ Server) environments
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to author technical documents and create procedure manuals
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Ability to conduct research into current and future technologies
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Healthcare knowledge/background including data privacy practices and laws
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- On-call availability 7/24 as part of a rotation schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the application of technology in the technical environment and its business return
- Be capable of designing complex technology solutions taking into account the existing tech landscape
- Be capable of designing clear transition plans to demonstrate to a client how they can achieve their long term objectives in stages
- Have the necessary communication and interpersonal skills to interact with clients at all levels
- Have the ability to keep up to date with technology as it develops and inform their clients of the potential impact
- Be capable of taking a conceptual solution and turning it into a detailed design, configured and priced for the client
- Act as the technical point of contact for clients and technical teams throughout the client life cycle
- Be self managing and capable of prioritizing work load based on client requirements
Education and Experience:
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, telecommunications, information sciences, or related field and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN