Medical Lab Scientist (Night Shift)Requisition R057184 Market Portsmouth, VA Department Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Performs laboratory diagnostic tests, which are both routine, moderately and highly complex. Evaluates the effects that a patient’s physiological condition may have on test results. Confirms test results and provides the physician with data necessary to determine the presence, extent, cause and treatment of disease. Follows quality control programs, assuring the accuracy and reliability of test results. Monitors, maintains and trouble-shoots laboratory instruments and equipment. Assists with training of new employees/students, or in the use of new lab equipment. Is able to interact with physicians and nursing staff in a positive manner. Performs computer functions on both the HIS and LIS systems. Participates with continuing education in respective areas of expertise. May perform additional assignments not directly related to the job description (ex. phlebotomy) when workload requires and as requested by a supervisor. Cares for all age groups and is aware of developmental needs over the age span and of the appropriate equipment for all ages.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree in Medical Technology or related field, including a one-year internship program in an approved School of Medical Technology or an equivalent alternative, is required.
2. Certification as a Medical Technologist by a nationally recognized certification agency (preferably ASCP) is required.
3. Previous experience in a Clinical Laboratory is preferred.
4. The position may be an entry-level position.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Hematology - Maryview
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse