Registered Nurse (RN) - Preop - Maryview Medical Center
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Preop - Maryview Medical CenterRequisition R076018 Market Portsmouth, VA Department Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The Staff Registered Nurse in PACU, under the direction of the Surgical Services Nurse Manger, is responsible for providing and directing individualized care from pediatric to geriatric patients, based on established standards of Post Anesthesia Nursing Practice. This process includes acute patient assessment and nursing diagnosis, documentation, interpreting lab data, EKG monitoring and interpretation, implementing care of postoperative and immediate post procedural patients, as well as patient evaluation. The staff nurse must be able to function in emergency situations and possess the skills required for the use of the nursing process.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Currently licensed to practice nursing in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Previous post anesthesia care or critical care nursing experience preferred.
- CPR certification required and ACLS certification within one year of employment. Must be proficient in command of the English language.
- Demonstrated familiarity with medical equipment, patient charts, documentation, etc.
- Able to interpret EKG’s, hemodynamic profiles, laboratory results.
- Able to safely administer medications and provide safe care in a stressful environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for providing and directing individualized care from pediatric to geriatric patients, based on established standards of Post Anesthesia Nursing Practice.
- Performs and completes acute patient assessment and nursing diagnosis, documentation, interpreting lab data, EKG monitoring and interpretation, implementing care of postoperative and immediate post procedural patients, as well as patient evaluation.
- The staff nurse must be able to function in emergency situations and possess the skills required for the use of the nursing process.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:8
Department:Outpatient Surgery Center - Maryview
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off