Associate Health Nurse PRNRequisition R059242 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Associate Health RN provides services for assigned BSMH associates according to BSMH policies and procedures, professional standards, federal regulations and CDC recommendations.Services include but are not limited to pre-employment follow-up, associate immunization program, respiratory protection program, accommodation and transitional work program, communicable disease screening and exposure management.The Associate Health RN works closely in collaboration and referral with Human Resources partners for fitness for duty, substance use, and leave of absence, the Worker's Compensation program for associate injury management, and Health and Wellness for program referral and coordination.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains current knowledge of associate health regulations, recommendations and accreditation standards applicable to BSMH facilities. Assist BSMH managers and staff with compliance. Provide input to policy/ procedures, guidelines, protocols related to associate health services. Participates in surveillance activities to identify associate health risks.
- Performs surveillance on associate health records, including new hires, maintaining them in a confidential manner. Utilizes associate health information system to record and retrieve associate health data and to prepare reports as directed and requested.
- Collaborates with Human Resource partners for needs related to Fitness for Duty, ADA outcomes and substance abuse screening.
- Provides coverage for the Blood Borne Pathogen Hotline as scheduled and perform appropriate follow-up on any exposure to assure regulatory compliance and proper treatment of affected associates with exposures to blood borne pathogen exposures and communicable disease exposures.
- Participates in direct service delivery, including but not limited to immunizations, TB screening, color discrimination testing, respirator fit testing, communicable and blood borne exposure management. Organizes testing and immunization programs to include Hepatitis B, influenza and respirator fit testing.
- Coordinates transitional return to work program and ADA process.
- Collaborates with: Associate Health Medical Director, Infection Prevention to prevent the spread of communicable disease between patients and staff, Ergonomic staff for referrals and program interventions, Wellness team for referrals and consultations.
- Collaborates with third party administrator for coordination of care for associates with work related injuries and successful return to work and for OSHA log management. Reviews associate injury event reports and coordinates follow-up with managers where safety or work practice needs exist.
- Collaborates with managers and Absence Management Specialists for needs related to leave of absence to include FMLA, MLOA, PLOA and ADA leave as accommodation.
- Provides pre-service volunteer TB screening and volunteer influenza immunizations.
- Actively participates in entity committees including but not limited to Infection Prevention, Environment of Care, and Quality and provide data for trending associate risks and strategies for improving associate's health and safety
Required Minimum Education:4 year/ Bachelors Degree
Preferred Education: Graduate Degree (Masters)
Licensure/Certification Required: Registered Nurse in the state practicing
Licensure/Certification Preferred: COHN-RN, COHN-CM
Minimum Years and Type of Experience: Two years of related occupational/associate health nursing preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Competent in computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of patient care practices and adult learning principles. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Knowledge of immunization practices for adults. Must be familiar with applicable OSHA, state health department, CDC, Joint Commission, ADA, and FMLA regulations and recommendations as applicable to Associate Health. Ability to work in fast paced environment and prioritize job duties. Able to work independently.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.03
Department:SS Human Resources - Strategy & Well-Being
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse