Central Sterile Technician Certified - PRNRequisition R073144 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Evenings/Nights Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
BON SECOURS RICHMOND OFFSITE REPROCESSING CENTER
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for ensuring surgical supplies, instruments and equipment are properly inventoried, decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, distributed, and tracked in a quality, timely manner throughout BSMH.
1. Have Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification.
2. Sterilization Process- Uses knowledge of sterilization principles to correctly wrap, package, and sterilize instrumentation and other items appropriately using, but not limited to: ethylene oxide, sterrad, V-pro, or steam sterilization
3. Identifies and inspects instruments for cleanliness and functionality.
4. Properly documents and verifies sterilization loads and biological test to determine the efficacy of the sterilization process.
5. Properly loads and operates all sterilizers, helps to maintain the sterilizers in good working order through preventative maintenance.
6. Inspects sterilizers for visible signs of malfunction and reports as needed.
7. Processes surgical instrumentation in the instrument tracking system to maintain accurate assembly.
8. Insures proper operation of all sterilization equipment of a daily basis.
9. Runs biological and chemical tests and completes reports.
10. Ability to do minor troubleshooting of equipment used in process.
11. Decontamination Process: Identifies and uses appropriate methods and solutions to sort, disassemble, decontaminate, rinse and disinfect instruments and clinical equipment.
12. Operates washers/various sterilizers and other departmental equipment.
13. Appropriately handles garbage, linen, and bio hazardous materials.
14. Appropriately uses Personal Protective Equipment at all times.
15. Understands principles of safe work practices and universal protocol
16. Distribution: Retrieves, disburses, and tracks instrumentation, carts, and supplies using the current hospital tracking system.
*Able to stand for long periods.
* Able to lift 25 lbs on a repetitive basis.
* Previous instrument processing experience preferred
Basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, bacteriology. Basic knowledge of infection control. Mechanical aptitude, including the ability to assemble/disassemble instruments, understand the workings of machinery used to clean/sterilize instrumentation and troubleshoot.Critical thinking skills, ability to work independently, take direction, act in a professional manner, be a team player, basic computer skills.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Supply Chain - Field Ops
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse