Patient Care Tech - Part TimeRequisition R059404 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Under the supervision of a registered nurse, provides direct, quality nursing care to meet patients' comfort, personal hygiene, and safety needs. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of Virginia or successful completion of the first semester of nursing clinicals within the past 3 years, Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, Medical Assistant certificate or minimum of 2 years current work related experience
- BCLS certification required
- Previous experience using a computer preferred
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs. and perform all functions involved in CPR
Essential Job Functions:
Performs patient treatments and diagnostic tests and procedures which may include:
- Performing ADLs to include daily CHG baths on designated patients
- Assisting with and feeding patients as applicable
- Taking and recording vital signs and weights in real time with appropriate, timely escalation of concerns to the RN
- Collecting, labeling, and sending specimens to Lab
- Bedside lab testing and recording (blood glucose monitoring, heme test urine, stool, vomitus, gastric aspirate, dipstick urine, etc.)
- Observing, measuring, and recording intake of P.O. fluids
- Observing, measuring, and recording output of urine, drainage, vomitus, stools, and suction canisters
- Discontinuing peripheral IVs and foleys
- Oral suctioning and turn/cough/deep breathing
- Non-sterile dressing changes and wound care
- 12 -lead EKGs
- Assisting RN with application of restraints to assure patient safety
- Monitoring/sitting with patients to ensure patient safety
- Application of elastic bandages, splints, anti-embolitic stockings
- Independently transport stable non-cardiac monitored patients to testing areas
- Application and removal of telemetry as assigned
- Other tasks as delegated by the RN
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and needs of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the departmental policies and procedures.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:16
Department:Med/Surg Pediatric Unit - St. Mary's Richmond
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse