Police Officer (Flatrate)Requisition R052453 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
RICHMOND COMMUNITY HOSPITAL
Responsible for providing a safe and healthy environment for visitors, patients, and employees. Monitors environment to detect potential hazards, notifies appropriate personnel and takes corrective action. Primarily remains on standby in the Emergency Room to deter and/or prevent acts of violence. Notifies the Security Specialist on duty when action is taken. Provides assistance and services to public and employees according to established procedures.
Must have certified completion of an approved police training academy and be a sworn law enforcement officer with police powers in the City of Richmond, Virginia.
1. Unless responding to an emergency, or their presence is requested in other areas of the hospital by the Security Specialist, remains on standby in the Emergency Room. In accordance with established procedures, provides documentation of actives. Takes corrective and/or immediate action to prevent harm or injury to the public and employees when appropriate.
2. Completes written reports of any serious incident or unusual circumstance encounter while on duty.
3. Enforces county code and acts upon hospital polices as they relate to Security.
4. Projects a positive attitude of service to the Hospital and maintains public relations with employees, patients, and visitors. Extending kindly care and promoting the mission and philosophy of the Hospital should always be a prime consideration.
5. Operates communications equipment in keeping with assigned duties.
6. Responds to non-emergency situation when the presence of a Police Officer is requested in other areas of the hospital by the Security Specialist.
7. Responds to any emergency incident such as fires, ATLAS, and duress situations.
8. Promotes security awareness among hospital staff whenever possible.
9. Demonstrates ability to access various areas of the Hospital, MOB, and Hospital grounds, at least 20% of the time in response to emergency situation. Demonstrates ability to exert a high level of physical effort in order to restrain and hold violent/combative persons. Requires visual acuity and proficient hearing in order to react and respond quickly and appropriately to loud pages, beepers and a variety of emergency situations.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Security - Richmond Community Hospital
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse