Registered Echocardiography TechRequisition R076161 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Afternoons/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
I. PRIMARY FUNCTION/GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary responsibilities of this position are to perform various complex, diagnostic non-invasive cardiac studies to evaluate the condition of the heart and related structures.
II. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Work requires a degree or certificate from an AMA approved school in an allied health field with knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physics and diseases of the cardiovascular systems.
2. Work requires knowledge and experience in ultrasound imaging, Doppler and Color flow techniques; must have ability to properly operate, maintain and troubleshoot equipment at a level generally acquired during six to twelve months of on-the-job training and/or experience.
3. Registered Cardiac Sonographer/Cardiovascular Technology registered or registry eligible (ARDMS, CCI/NBCVT) preferred.
4. Must maintain current CPR certification.
III. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Operates cardiac ultrasound equipment to produce 2-dimensional, M-Mode and Doppler and Color Flow Doppler analysis of heart valves, chambers and related structures.
2. Performs high quality Adult, Geriatric and Adolescent Echocardiography with or with contrast.
3. Operates the GE E95cardiac ultrasound equipment and trouble shoot when needed.
4. Performs high quality Pediatric and Neonatal Echocardiography examinations.
5. Performs high quality Stress Echocardiography examinations, with or without contrast.
6. Performs high quality Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography, with or without contrast.
7. Prepares the patient, sets up and operates the GE E95Cardiac Ultrasound equipment to assist the physician in the performance of Transesophageal Echocardiography.
8. Provides preliminary report to the Cardiologists. Evaluates patient’s symptoms and recognizes disease states of the heart and related structures.
9. Exhibits a relatively high level of analytical skill to correlate data. Records, measures and documents all calculations and data necessary for physician interpretation.
10. Prepares weekly and monthly statistical volume reporting to assist the Department Manager/Chief, Cardiovascular Technologist.
11. Transports the cardiac ultrasound equipment to perform portable Echocardiography examinations in the critical care areas and for patients that are confined to the bed. Transports patients via wheelchair or stretcher when transporter is unavailable.
12. Maintains equipment in clean and proper working condition. Notifies supervisor of malfunctioning equipment and needed supplies in a timely manner. Maintains clean and well-organized work site.
13. Performs other duties of the department to include stress tests, ambulatory monitoring and Holter scanning procedures.
14. Performs related clerical duties upon request.
15. Maintains CPR certification. Performs CPR as appropriate.
16. Serves as an assistant to the Chief Cardiovascular Technologist to provide training and education of new staff members, coordination of echo conferences, CQI, and performance of procedural coding.
17. Maintains well-organized filing system of videocassette tapes and log of archived tapes and reports.
18. Maintains a comprehensive knowledge and skill of the computerized equipment use in the department and organization as appropriate.
19. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in his or her unit. Demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
Patient population includes the following age categories: Neonate, Pediatric, Adult, Adolescent and Geriatric.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Non-Invasive Cardiology - St. Mary's - Richmond
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse