Registered Nurse (RN) - Charge Nurse - Emergency Department - Richmond Community Hospital
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Charge Nurse - Emergency Department - Richmond Community HospitalRequisition R083129 Market Richmond, Virginia Department Emergency Department - Richmond Community Hospital Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
RN Charge Job Description
The Charge Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse with responsibility and accountability for unit operational activities. Using the Nursing process and clinical knowledge, this role will coordinate nursing and interprofessional members of the Health Care team to develop and sustain an environment that promotes excellence in clinical practice and customer satisfaction, while striving for optimal efficiency and productivity of all resources. Adjusts the schedule and patient assignments to accommodate changes in acuity, patient population, resources and care design. Provides supervision of staff, clinical support, and assumes management responsibility for the unit in the absence of the nurse manager/clinical care leader.
1. 4 year/ Bachelors Degree Nursing – BSN must be obtained within 2 years of hire into the position
2. Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school and be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia
3. Must possess the knowledge of clinical, psychological, and pathophysiological theories related to nursing diagnosis and
treatment, nursing policies & procedures, standards, systems, and equipment normally acquired through 18-24 months of
4. Minimally a Clinical Nurse II in the Professional Nurse Advancement Program or upon hire to the role must submit a portfolio at the next eligible submission date
5. Must have knowledge of/demonstrate management/leadership theories, teaching skills, and understanding of group dynamics.
6. Previous work experience in the charge nurse position or supervisory position preferred.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Emergency Department - Richmond Community Hospital
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- RN Emergency Department WEO Youngstown, Ohio
- Health Care Associate (HCA) Med/Surg Mercy Health St. Joseph Warren Youngstown, Ohio
- Medical Lab Technologist/ Medical Lab Scientist- Laboratory- Springfield Regional Acute Care Springfield, Ohio