RN Hospice House NIGHTs
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
RN Hospice House NIGHTsRequisition R101604 Market Richmond, Virginia Department Hospice House - Bon Secours Home Health Services, LLC Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Bon Secours Community Hospice House is the Richmond metropolitan area’s only freestanding hospice facility, the Community Hospice House is a place where patients receive 24/7 hospital-level care in a homelike environment. The Community Hospice House initiative is grounded in Bon Secours’ deep commitment to a full continuum of care, a founding element of the Sisters’ ministry, which began in 1824 when the first Sisters of Bon Secours left the confines of their convent and hospital to care for the dying in their homes – an unusual practice at the time.
Located on the Southside of Richmond near the intersection of Robious and Old Bon Air roads, the Community Hospice House staff delivers full-time, personalized care with the kind of compassion that you would expect, because here, patients are family.
5,000 HIRING INCENTIVE
The Hospice Registered Nurse functions as the primary nurse for hospice patients and families in the home or hospice house setting. She/he is a member of the hospice interdisciplinary team. The Registered Nurse: a) sets nursing goals and plans, which demonstrate a holistic approach to the patients/families; b) mobilizes resources to meet the individualized needs of patients/families; c) assumes leadership responsibilities for their individual caseload and d) demonstrates competency of clinical skills
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN Degree preferred.
- Current licensure to the practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Current CPR certification.
- Competent Registered Nurse Possesses: a) broad-based knowledge of clinical, psychosocial and patho-physiological theories relating to nursing diagnosis and treatment; b) skills and ability to perform the range of nursing procedures and techniques found in general nursing practice and the ability to translate these skills to the home setting; c) demonstrated effective teaching skills.
- This level of knowledge and skills may be acquired through medical-surgical or skilled nursing experience. Oncology experience preferred but not required.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Hospice House - Bon Secours Home Health Services, LLC
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Gift Shop Coordinator - Southampton Memorial Hospital - Full Time Franklin, Virginia
- Film Librarian Springfield, Ohio
- RN-Registered Nursing-Nursing Flex Team-System Paducah, Kentucky