VP Mission and ValuesRequisition R080668 Market Springfield, Ohio Department SS Mission Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following areas: the integration of mission and values into the organizational culture, community benefit, spiritual care and ethics. This leader is responsible for developing, coordinating and measuring efforts to ensure that the principles and traditions of the Catholic Health Ministry, the tradition and spirit of the Sponsors, and the Mission and Core Values of Bon Secours Mercy Health are integrated into the organization’s operations, structures, programs and practices. This leader will serve as a member of the market executive leadership team and work directly with the Ministry's leaders in the Springfield market.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates Mission Integration leadership through the process of teaching, promoting, and monitoring the mission and values of Bon Secours Mercy Health in light of the history and tradition of the sponsors and the teachings of the Catholic Church in such a way that they become a hallmark of performance in every area of the organization.
- Collaborates with other leaders to develop the culture through activities such as, but not limited to, recruitment and orientation, cultural diversity, performance evaluation, leadership development and formation, prayers and rituals, art and environment, recognition, awards and celebrations.
- Participates in the development of market strategies, goals, objectives that demonstrate evidence based integration of Mission and Values.
- Provides leadership and direction for the integration of Spiritual Care throughout the Bon Secours Mercy Health Network of Care.
- Collaborates with the VP of Ethics to provide leadership for proactive integrative ethics and ethical education throughout the market.
- Provides oversight and direction to ensure and foster processes for ethical analysis at all levels within the market.
- Participates in the orientation and onboarding of Board members; Medical Staff; and all Associates utilizing the Bon Secours Mercy Health Mission Integration Charter as a teaching guide.
- Provides leadership in fostering spirituality in the workplace through Mission programs and other spiritual formation activities.
- Fosters ongoing formation and development opportunities for associates and leadership with a focus in the areas of the healing ministry, spirituality in the workplace and ethics.
- Establishes positive church relations and collaborates with local churches and religious communities to enhance the overall health and wellness of congregations through health education, health fairs, health screening, etc.
- Participates with other senior executives in the selection, development and evaluation of key market leaders. Participates in administrative mission based decision-making and supports governance and management in identifying and addressing Mission priorities as well as ethical conflicts.
- Oversees, supports and advocates for high quality spiritual care services throughout the continuum of care as demonstrated by compliance with Bon Secours Mercy Health Spiritual Care standards.
- Develops and monitors quality outcome measures for Spiritual Care throughout the market.
- Coordinates the use of appropriate ethical consultation in market ethical discernment and decision-making processes.
- Assigns work to staff; manages workload. Verifies accuracy of staff work.
- Performance Management. Recruit, train, manage and develop staff to accomplish departmental goals and assist employees in their career progression.
Minimum Employment Qualifications
- Required Minimum Education: Master's in Theology or Religious Studies
- Minimum Years and Type of Experience: 7-10 years of demonstrated leadership experience in a multi-state/multi-entity health care or not-for-profit organization. Leadership experience with faith-based organizations.
- Strong working knowledge of Catholic theology, as outlined in CHA Competencies for Mission Leaders
- Strong working knowledge of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services
- Committed to embracing and sharing the values of Bon Secours Mercy Health System, strong sense of service orientation and skilled at relationship building.
- Effective communicator who can work collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies
- Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills, effective negotiator who can advocate effectively and build consensus
- Effective research, analytical, judgment, and problem solving skills.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse