Senior Platform Architect (Cloud Solution Architect) (Remote - US)Requisition R092911 Market Remote Department SS Analytics Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
The Senior Platform Architect must have current and deep experience with implementation of cloud technologies and Data & AI. The Senior Platform Architect applies advanced analysis skills and experience in principals of architecture to define appropriate solutions for the Analytics team, including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Minimal Viable Products (MVPs). The ideal candidate will have experience in developing cloud architecture and success leading deep technical architecture discussions to drive Data Platform and Advanced Analytics solutions to production. The Senior Platform Architect should understand how to properly assess feasibility of migrating from other tech platforms and/or integrating with solutions hosted on non-Azure platforms.
Essential Job Functions
- Understand overall platform architecture, business priorities, and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and Analytics needs, create Analytics Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, Database Platforms, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse, etc.)
- Ensure that architecture solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Collaborate with other Platform Architects in developing complex end-to-end solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educate customers on Azure platform
- Guide engineering teams and makes informed security decisions on the design of infrastructure, systems and applications
- Implement industry leading practices around cyber risks and Cloud security and perform security assessments of cloud platforms/environments using industry standard frameworks such as ISO, CSA-CSM and NIST
- Coach / mentor junior platform architects and engineers on the Analytics team
- This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Required Minimum Education: Bachelors
Preferred Education: Masters / PhD
Field of Study: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Math
Professional Cloud Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Minimum Years and Type of Experience Required:
4+ years of success in architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of cloud based applications; 5+ years in a platform design or architecture role
Minimum Years and Type of Experience Preferred:
7+ years of success in architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of cloud based applications
Functional (Hard) and Interpersonal (Soft) Skill Items
- SQL Server
- Communication skills
- Big Data platforms (e.g., Synapse, Snowflake, Redshift, Spark)
- Critical thinking
- Cloud platform knowledge (e.g., Azure Data Factory, ADLS Gen2, Snowflake)
- Relationship building
- Advanced Analytics (e.g., Data Bricks)
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Data ingestion tools (e.g., Attunity)
- Agile work process
- Platform security
- Desire to learn
- Cloud and hybrid infrastructure design
- Intellectually curious
- Deep understanding of third party cloud solutions
- Big-picture and detail-oriented thinking
☒ Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
☐ Long-distance or air travel as needed- not to exceed 10% travel.
☒ General office environment.
☐ May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
☐ May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse.
☐ May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids.*
☐ May be required to use physical restraints.
☐ May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials.*
☐ May be exposed to adverse weather conditions; cold, hot, dust, wind, etc.
☐ May have periods of constant interruptions.
☐ Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions.
☐ Prolonged periods of working alone.
☐ Other: Click or tap here to enter text.
☐ Onsite - Required to work at a BSMH location Associates are on-site every day. 100% of time on-site
☐ Hybrid - Required to report onsite for some of your time. Required to report to a work location at least 40% or more onsite,
☒ Remote - Rarely required to report to a work location In-person collaboration maybe required when necessary. Associates may live anywhere but recommend in the footprint when possible.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse