EMT - Willard - Mercy Health Life Flight Network - Full TimeRequisition R067308 Market Tiffin, OH Department Ground Services - Toledo - Life Flight Network Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The EMT renders care at a basic level in accordance with standard operating procedures or medical protocols as established by company physician medical director or as directed by a physician based in a hospital emergency center. Drives the emergency vehicle to and from scenes of illness or injury; transports patients from one facility to another. Observes all safe driving guidelines and complies with all road and vehicle laws as well as the standards and protocols developed for this type of service. Keeps vehicle in good repair with timely notification of any needed repairs. Keeps vehicle clean and professional. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit.
- Must be a high school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must have valid drivers license with no serious traffic violations.
- Must have completed training in an accredited EMT program and hold a current license to practice in the state of Ohio.
- Must possess and maintain current CPR-HCP (healthcare provider) certification.
- Must have telephone and reliable transportation.
- Must strictly practice universal precautions.
- Previous emergency medical service experience desirable.
- Possible weekend and holiday coverage
- Work often requires prolonged standing, lifting and positioning of patients, and transportation of patients.
- Work involves exposure to communicable diseases, radiation, and unpleasant odors and is frequently performed under stressful conditions.
- May encounter combative/disruptive patients and their associates.
- Requires driving in adverse weather conditions.
- Pushing and pulling of patient stretcher.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching. Climbing up and down stairs. Must be capable of lifting at least 50 pounds.
- Demands fast reflexes and 20/20 vision (or with corrective lenses) and no impairment to hearing.
- Subject to long and irregular hours.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:42
Department:Ground Services - Toledo - Life Flight Network
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse