Paramedic Life Star Patient Transportation Mercy Health Tiffin- Full TimeRequisition R037062 Market Tiffin, OH Department Ambulance Tiffin - Lifestar Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The Paramedic renders care at a basic or advanced level in accordance with standard operating procedures or medical protocols as established by company physician medical director or as directed by a physician based in a hospital emergency center.
The Paramedic is responsible for driving the emergency medical vehicle to and from scenes of illness or injury, including transporting patients from one facility to another, observing all safe driving guidelines.
Observes all road and vehicle laws as well as the standards and protocols for this type of service, including keeping the vehicle in good repair with timely notification of any repairs needed.
Keeps vehicle clean and presents it in a professional manner.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Valid drivers license with no serious traffic violations required.
3. Must have completed training in an accredited EMT program with further training in an accredited Paramedic program.
4. Must hold current Paramedic license to practice in the State of Ohio.
5. Current CPR-HCP and ACLS Certifications required.
6. Must have telephone and reliable transportation.
8. Must maintain strict compliance to practicing universal precautions.
9. Previous emergency medical service desirable.
- Work often requires prolonged standing, lifting and positioning of patients, and transportation of patients.
- Work involves exposure to communicable diseases, radiation, and unpleasant odors and is frequently performed under stressful and emergent conditions.
- May encounter combative/disruptive patients and their associates.
Hours per pay period: 80
Hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm
Will work weekdays, nights and holidays.
Job Shift: All, Job Schedule: Full-Time
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Ambulance Tiffin - Lifestar
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN