Adjunct Instructor Math- Mercy College Toledo OHRequisition R071991 Market Toledo, OH Department General Education - Mercy College of Ohio Shift Days/Nights Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy College of Ohio!
This is a temporary academic position in which the adjunct faculty member is responsible for instruction and evaluation of students in an on-line setting within the discipline of Math and or Physics. Courses would include Foundation math courses in algebra, finite math and calculus. Maybe a need for Physics in future. Successful candidate must have a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the discipline.
- Assumes responsibility for classroom and online instruction of assigned courses.
- Participates in peer, self, and course review.
- Facilitates a learning and caring environment, which encourages critical thinking, investigation, self-direction, and respect for the uniqueness of each individual.
- Evaluates student progress and maintains appropriate records.
- Remains current with trends, issues and practices in the discipline.
- Contributes to the evaluation of student academic achievement and other evaluative processes of the College.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and implementation of the general education philosophy
- Serves on college committees as appointed or elected.
- Actively involved in professional development and scholarly activities.
- Upholds and promotes the Mission and Core Values of compassion, excellence, human dignity, justice, sacredness of life and service.
Graduate Degree (Master's) within the discipline of Mathematics or related field REQUIRED
Post-Graduate Degree (Ph.D) within the discipline of Mathematics or related field PREFERRED
Demonstrated experience in classroom setting in appropriate field.
Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated use of appropriate technology in the classroom.
Flexibility to meet the needs of the Arts and Sciences Division and students
Teaching experience in a college or university preferred.
Active and current membership in professional and community organizations.
Evidence of or potential for scholarly achievement in appropriate field.
Teaching in class and on-line Foundational math courses
Mercy College of Ohio is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:General Education - Mercy College of Ohio
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse