Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) Women and Children's Mercy Health St. Vincent Full Time - DaysRequisition R098489 Market Toledo, OH Department Social Services - St. Vincent Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Under minimal supervision of department head, according to established practice and professional standards, performs advanced patient care duties and provide clinical
treatment necessary for the most complex cases and/or the most specialized areas in the health care setting. Responsible for assisting patients and their families with the
resolution of personal and environmental problems which prohibit or limit patient from obtaining maximum benefits from medical care. Evaluates psycho-social
functioning of patients and families, counsels them as necessary, and manages the discharge plan. Exchanges information with other health care professionals as well as
representatives of outside agencies. Provides patient care to neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Must possess level of knowledge of counseling skills and services, hold a Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited graduate social work program accredited by the council on Social Work Education.
2. Must hold a license from the State of Ohio as a Licensed Independent Social Worker, or Licensed Professional Certified Counselor (LPCC), or establish eligibility and obtain said license as defined under Chapter 4757 of the Ohio Revised Code as a condition of employment.
3. Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with Hospital and agency health care professionals, and to interact with patients and families often during periods of stress.
4. Analytical abilities necessary to assess patient needs, to develop associated treatment modalities and to provide effective counseling and discharge planning.
5. Two years of post graduate job specific experience in order to a) acquire diagnostic interviewing skills, b) acquire counseling skills and techniques, c) become familiar with local agencies and facilities, d) learn to develop adequate discharge plans, and e) acquire suitable interpersonal and analytical skills.
6. Experience working with a variety of populations and ages.
7. Experience in individual, group and family counseling, as well as patient education. May require experience with mental health and chemical dependency issues.
1. Works in office or patient-care environment, or other as appropriate.
2. The nature of the job requires on-call responsibilities in some areas
Primary day shift with 2 evening clinics per month from 5p-7:30p. Cover several subspecialty pediatric clinics. Total hours 72 divided between 40 hours one week and 32 hours the other week. Some Saturday hours required on a rotational basis.
Primarily day shift with 2 evening clinics per month from 5p-7:30p. Cover several subspecialty pediatric clinics. Total hours 72 divided between 40 hours one week and 32 hours the other week. Some Saturday hours required on a rotational basis.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Social Services - St. Vincent
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse