Occupational Therapist Pediatric Therapy Mercy St. Vincent Part-TimeRequisition R042972 Market Toledo, OH Department Physical Therapy - St. Vincent - Pediatric Therapy Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for providing Occupational Therapy services to patients according to accepted standards of practice. The Occupational Therapist treats individual birth and over in age. The Occupational Therapist maintains daily patient progress notes and working as a team with other professionals, coordinates discharge planning.
These duties are performed in a manner which demonstrates the philosophy/mission and values of Mercy Health.
1. Models supportive behaviors.
2. Supports collaboration, Performance Improvement processes, inter-disciplinary work teams, and partnership relationships with customers.
3. Demonstrates self-governance.
4. Responsible for own professional/personal growth and development.
5. Communicates effectively with all departments & employees of the organization and other customers.
6. Promotes stewardship of resources while maintaining or improvement quality of care.
7. Exhibits ownership for the success of the organization.
8. Effectively engages in two-way dialogue and problem solving.
9. Works independently to meet operational objectives.
10. Receives, investigates and appropriately reports and responds to problems/incidents that involve safety and compliance issues.
11. Holds self, employees and co-workers accountable for keeping patient safety the first priority in performing the essential duties of their jobs.
12. Performs initial evaluation and ongoing Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment planning.
13. Documents appropriately and in a timely manner.
14. Consults with referring physician/other team members as needed for continuation of care and discharge of patient.
15. Provide professional instruction and supervision to other team personnel responsible for assisting with treatment especially the Occupational Therapy Assistant.
16. Fabricate splints and adaptive devices in accordance with physician’s prescription and patient needs.
17. Schedules case load of assigned patients for daily treatment sessions.
18. Provides site education for Occupational Therapy Interns.
19. Attends meetings, seminars, and educational conferences pertinent to Occupational Therapy.
Conducts in-services as needed.
Graduate from an Occupational Therapy accredited curriculum with a Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or college graduate plus 2 years academic course in Occupational Therapy; and a minimum clinical affiliation of 6 months.
Licensed by the state of Ohio Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy/Athletic Trainer Board.
One year clinical experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
Knowledge and skill required to perform the job responsibilities for both technical and dimensional content.
Has detailed level of knowledge of Occupational Therapy.
Able to accurately diagnose and develop a plan of treatment for Occupational Therapy patients.
Apply advanced knowledge and experience in order to develop new programs and procedures.
Work with computer applications. Dexterity in producing splints.
Dexterity needed in using Occupational Therapy equipment.
Strength to assist in patient transfers.
PROBLEM SOLVING/DECISION MAKING:
The degree to which judgment and analysis must be exercised in planning, investigating issues, and evaluating alternative solutions to the challenges posed by the job. Deals with the nature of the decisions, the variety of problems, and how decisions are made in context of the typical requirements of the job.
Make decisions based on an analysis of facts and principles.
Authority to make decisions or commitments directly related to the performance of Occupational Therapy
SCOPE OF IMPACT/ACCOUNTABILITY:
The potential impact of actions on results of Humility of Mary Health Partners and the job’s accountability for achieving results.
Accountable for use of resources within the Occupational Therapy Department.
Medical Record documentation must be accurate.
Responsible for patient billing of Occupational Therapy services.
The nature and frequency of interpersonal human relations skills required by the job. The extent to which the job requires cooperation and tact in meeting or influencing others by phone, correspondence, or personal contact.
Internal and external relations such as those required in giving or obtaining routine information. Requires use of common courtesy.
Has contact with employees, physicians, patients, families, and other individuals inside and outside of the hospital.
Coaches others by providing constructive criticism.
Lift 0-20# 6”-36” from floor
Lift 0-10# 36”-48” from floor
Lift 0-10# 6”-72” from floor
Bilateral fine motor manipulation
Functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided
Functional hearing aid or unaided
Functional verbal communication skills
Walking (2.2-3.5 METS)
Unilateral Horizontal Reach 0-18”
Transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt
Move 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet
Roll 200# person away/toward self
Bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet
Push/Pull 15’, 19ft. lbs
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:16
Department:Physical Therapy - St. Vincent - Pediatric Therapy
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN