Police Officer - Mercy Health St Vincent/St Anne/St Charles - Full TimeRequisition R081360 Market Toledo, OH Department Security - Toledo Regional Office Shift Days/Evenings Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Full Time Hires- $5K with a 2 year commitment (2,500 90 days from start date/ 2,500 1 year from start date)
Part Time Hires -$2500 with a 2 year commitment
The Police Officer provides internal and external safety/police functions to support the general safety of the hospital community to include participation in investigations and arrests when warranted. Patrol is assigned an area and responds to radio and/or telephone calls for routine and/or emergency assistance.
Essential Job Functions
- Assigned patrol within facilities and the campus property including parking areas to maintain a police presence while being on alert for criminal activity and/or the need for assistance.
- Provides the police services for the facility. Assisting stranded motorist with minor automobile problems. Assists visitors as needed.
- Responds to calls for assistance and emergencies. Takes appropriate control of dangerous situations by using sound judgement and quick thinking. Assist the medical staff in restraining a patient as necessary. Performs BLS as needed. Serves as first responder to fire alarm activations, chemical spills and Code Blue and Rapid Responses in Public Areas.
- Conducts preliminary investigations in hospital related incidents related to visitors and patients. Works closely with local law enforcement agencies when the need arises, Maintains accurate records of daily activities. Reports all unusual incidents and criminal activity on incident reports. Takes reports of vehicular accidents, criminal offenses and suspicious activity occurring on hospital property.
- Maintains the facility's lost and found. Secures valuable property to ensure that it is not lost, tampered with, or stolen. May be required to transport money to and from designated bank. Morgue pickups and release to Funeral Homes and Coroner. Assist with the air ambulance landing.
- Monitor and review security cameras and alarms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
Required Minimum Education:
High School Diploma or GED
2 Year/ Associates Degree
Current OPOTA Certificate, BLS, NAPPI training within first 6 months of hire
Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
1-3 years of experience preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Firearm Qualifications: successfully pass bi-annual firearms qualifications. Meet minimum physical fitness standards based on the Cooper Institute's physical fitness norms for law enforcement at 60% standard. Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Typing, min of 40 wpm.
This section addresses the physical environment in which the employee will perform the work.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids.*
- May be required to use physical restraints.
- May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials.*
- May be exposed to adverse weather conditions; cold, hot, dust, wind, etc.
- May have periods of constant interruptions.
- Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions.
- Prolonged periods of working alone.
- Lifting/ Carrying (0-50 lbs.)
- Lifting/ Carrying (50-100 lbs.)
- Push/ Pull (0-50 lbs.)
- Push/ Pull (50-100 lbs.)
- Stoop, Kneel
Additional Physical Requirements and Hazards
- Manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination)
- Depth perception
- Perform shift work
- Use of Latex Gloves
- Maneuver weight of patients
- Exposure to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents
- Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Reach above shoulder
- Exposure to dust/fumes
- Repetitive arm/hand movements
- Exposure to potential electrical shock
- Finger Dexterity
- Exposure to x ray/electromagnetic energy
- Color Vision
- Exposure to high pitched noises
- Acuity – far
- Gaseous risk exposure
- Acuity – near
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Security - Toledo Regional Office
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse