RN New Grad (Nurse Residency) - Mercy Health St Anne Hospital
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
RN New Grad (Nurse Residency) - Mercy Health St Anne HospitalRequisition R100113 Market Toledo, Ohio Department Nursing Administration - St. Anne Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
$5,000 Sign On Bonus For New Grads!
This position works at the direction of the Registered Nurse providing patient care and general duties in the organization. Provides direct care for the patients as assigned, answers call lights, and performs courier and transporter functions. Collects data through a variety of means including observation and through the use of instrumentation. Assists in the provision of care to patients of all age groups.
Assists the Registered Nurse in the process of admitting, transferring and discharging of patients, including notifying appropriate individuals and departments. Assists in the environmental orientation of patients, preparation of patient rooms, taking partial histories, and securing patient valuables and belongings.
Performs routine patient care tasks such as taking and recording vital signs, collecting specimens, and applying compresses and dressings.
Assists patients with mobility by performing active and passive range of motion, lifting, turning, repositioning and with ambulation.
Provides measures for patient comfort and hygiene.
Obtains, places, discontinues and removes patient equipment and supplies.
Monitors and observes patient status. Collects, records, and communicates data as per policy and procedure.
Performs courier and transportation services.
Required Education: 2 year Associates Degree
Preferred: 4 year Bachelors Degree
Required: Obtain RN License within 90 days. If requirement not met due to board failure, must be obtained within 60 days of fail date. Failure to obtain within the extended period will result in immediate removal from position. BLS certification through AHA.
- Performs repetitive tasks/motions
- Hears alarm bells, telephone, and other sounds
- Hears normal conversation
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Have clarity of vision: near (< 20”)
- Have clarity of vision: mid (>20”-20’)
- Have clarity of vision: far (>20’)
- Distinguish colors
- Reads and interprets written/oral instructions
- Sets and meets deadlines, prioritizes work and works independently
- Identifies and understands issues and problems
- Examines data and draws logical conclusions demonstrating the ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of oral or written communications
- Organize thoughts and ideas into understand terminology
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Nursing Administration - St. Anne
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- PCT or PCA - Southside Medical Center Petersburg, Virginia
- Bon Secours St. Francis - 2021 Nurse Extern Program Greenville, South Carolina
- Physician Recruiter (Recruiter - US) Ohio,