RN - Registered Nurse - ICU Step Down
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
RN - Registered Nurse - ICU Step DownRequisition R129669 Market Toledo, Ohio Department Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - St. Anne Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Mercy Health St. Anne Hospital
This step-down unit is an intermediate level of care for patients whose severity or acuity may not warrant an ICU but continue to require close monitoring and frequent assessments. Most of these patients require telemetry monitoring for which nurses are provided with advanced EKG interpretation training. Patient conditions range from cardiac, lung, renal, and diabetic illnesses, as well as post surgeries requiring advanced care. Nurses can also expect to administer IV cardiac medications, manage central lines, and various degrees of wound care. For this reason, the nurse-to-patient ratio is 4:1.
New nurses are provided a supportive learning environment that is highly geared toward teamwork and education.Unit requirements are BLS, ACLS certification as well as Stroke assessment certification.
This unit participates with Mercy College as a DEU (Dedicated Education Unit) where nursing students apply, and if accepted, work alongside an experienced nurse for their final clinical that rolls into their practicum.
We are established as a Blue-Ribbon unit where we partner with our academic colleagues to provide a caring, inclusive culture that facilitates an excellent student learning experience, where motivated current and future nurses can thrive.
Summary of Primary Function
Delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifies and determines the priority of patient’s problems/needs, and evaluates the process and outcome of nursing care; coordinates, provides, and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team members.
Essential Job Functions
In collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team, conducts initial and ongoing patient assessment, analyzes assessment data, creates a plan of care, implements treatment and evaluates treatment effectiveness; administers medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Practice and Bon Secours Mercy Health policies and procedures; serves as a point of contact for patients' care coordination throughout hospital departments.Acts as a patient safety advocate by participating in ongoing quality improvement in the department.Incorporates the professional practice model into care delivery
• Knowledge of contemporary nursing practice and future innovations
• Nursing judgment and skill based on principles of the biological, physical, behavioral, and social sciences
• Application of the nursing process in patient care delivery
• Coordination of patient care delivery
• Evaluation of professional nursing practice to optimize goals and outcomes
• Health teaching and health promotion
• Patient advocacy and partnership
• Interprofessional collaboration and leadership
• Understanding and utilization of office and clinical technologies
• Compassionate, relationship-based approach to help find meaning in illness, suffering, pain, and existence
• Integration of quality improvement, evidence-based practices, and research in practice
• Accountability for professional actions
• Effective stewardship of available resources
• Conflict management and resilience
• Authority for delegating activities to others, while remaining responsible and accountable for outcomes
BLS Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (preferred)
Valid nursing license from the state of practice (required)
Associate of Nursing, nursing (required)
Diploma in Nursing (required)
Bachelors of Science, Nursing (preferred)
- Performs repetitive tasks/motions
- Hears alarm bells, telephone, and other sounds
- Hears normal conversation
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Have clarity of vision: near (< 20”)
- Have clarity of vision: mid (>20”-20’)
- Have clarity of vision: far (>20’)
- Distinguish colors
- Reads and interprets written/oral instructions
- Sets and meets deadlines, prioritizes work, and works independently
- Identifies and understands issues and problems
- Examines data and draws logical conclusions demonstrating the ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding
- Expresses or exchanges ideas using oral or written communications
- Organize thoughts and ideas to understand terminology
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Progressive Care Unit (PCU) - St. Anne
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- RN - Registered Nurse - Chester Emergency Department - FT Mids Midlothian, Virginia
- Lead Mammography Technologist - Full Time - Sign on bonus eligible! Richmond, Virginia
- Clinical Lead Registered Nurse (Charge/Lead RN) - 5 South Surgical - Maryview Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia