Social Worker LSW Mercy St. AnneRequisition R087806 Market Toledo, Ohio Department SS Quality - Care Management Shift Afternoons/Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Under minimal supervision of department head, according to established practice and professional standards, performs advanced patient care duties and provide clinical treatment necessary for the most complex cases and/or the most specialized areas in the health care setting. Responsible for assisting patients and their families with the resolution of personal and environmental problems which prohibit or limit patient from obtaining maximum benefits from medical care. Evaluates psycho-social functioning of patients and families, counsels them as necessary, and manages the discharge plan. Exchanges information with other health care professionals as well as representatives of outside agencies. Provides patient care to neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Work requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work with licensure from the State of Ohio as a Licensed Social Worker, or established eligibility.
2. A relatively high level of analytical ability is required to assess patient needs, develop and manage discharge plan and to effectively utilize community and governmental resources.
3. A significant level of interpersonal skills is required to counsel patients and families concerning sensitive emotional and social issues.
4. Six to twelve months previous experience is required to acquire diagnostic interviewing and counseling skills
Hours per pay period: 80
Hours: 11:00am to 7:30pm
Shift and Job Schedule
Job Shift: Afternoons/Nights, Job Schedule: Full-Time
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Quality - Care Management
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse