Care Manager (RN) - Memorial Regional Medical CenterRequisition R029190 Market Richmond, VA Department SS Quality - Care Management Shift Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
BON SECOURS RICHMOND
CLINICAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The Care Manager (CM) provides coordination of care for the patient through facilitation/communication and discharge planning throughout the continuum of care.The CM is a key contributor to the overall financial, quality and clinical performance. The CM supports an outcomes-oriented patient care delivery system, which places the patient at the center of all activities. The CM assesses all patients on their assigned unit within 24 hours of admission to identify needs for discharge and works with the treatment care team, the patient, and the family (or primary care taker) to establish an acceptable discharge plan of care. The CM is a resource for the patient and family to obtain the necessary resources that they may need regarding their care, treatment and discharge.The CM works with patients to ensure social and psychosocial needs are met, assists with eligibility determinations for social programs and funding sources, and ensures access to community assistance programs if so needed by the patient. A CM provides a positive financial impact to the organization through extensive interaction with physicians, nurses, and other patient care givers in managing length of stay and limited re-admissions. The CM offers crisis intervention to patients and families with psychosocial needs and coordinates and facilitates the development of an effective discharge plan of care for all patient populations. The CM also works with the care team to fulfill the goals of the health system by controlling length of stay and re-admissions and following isolation protocols to decrease the hospital spread of infection.
1. Bachelor degree or higher required.
2. Experience in a medical office or hospital department setting preferred.
3. Knowledge of various software applications, i.e., Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
4. A Clinical Social Worker (BSW, MSW or LCSW) or a Licensed Registered Nurse (Licensed as an RN in the Commonwealth of Virginia) is preferred.
5. If a BSW, MSW, or LCSW, prefer employee have experience in the case management field. If a Licenses RN, prefer that employee have clinical experience.
6. If employee has received a license in a clinical setting previously, primary license verification required.
7. The employee must have strong interpersonal communication skills with an ability to work independently, problem solve, and be able to resolve conflict in an assertive manner.
8. The employee must have strong organizational and time management skills as evidenced by a capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
9. Must have or complete the Case Management Certification (ACM or CCM) within three years of employment.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Quality - Care Management
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN