Respiratory Therapist - PRNRequisition R028962 Market Portsmouth, VA Department Respiratory Therapy - Maryview Shift Days/Nights Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
An employee in this position is responsible for providing respiratory care through patient assessment, planning, intervention, education and evaluation. The RRT performs all respiratory care procedures including but not limited to oxygen and aerosolized medication delivery, ventilator care, bronchial hygiene therapy, diagnostic services and patient and staff education. The procedures mentioned above are verified and carried out according to established department policy and procedure.
- Graduation from AMA approved Respiratory Care Program
- RRT Credential from NBRC including maintenance of active status
- Current Virginia Licensure including CRCE requirements
- Current BLS, ACLS and NRP certifications
Essential Job Functions
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Participates in rapid response team codes.
- Operation, maintenance, and management of mechanical ventilators and CPAP & BIPAP units and High flow oxygen therapy units.
- Shows competence in required modes and situations.
- Applies and uses SBT and CVT vent. protocols correctly and effectively.
- Uses established patient care protocols correctly and as needed.
- Patient transportation.
- Arterial blood gas puncture, analysis, and interpretation
- Artificial airway management
- Aerosolized drug administration including MAR
- Oxygen and humidity therapy
- Pulse oximetry
- Capnography during CPR.
- Metered dose inhaler (MDI) with or without spacer.
- Dry powdered inhalers (DPI).
- Chest physiotherapy and airway clearance techniques
- Patient assessment per Nebulizer and oxygen protocols
- Uses bronchial hygiene protocol effectively and as needed.
- Performs pulmonary function testing
- Participates in training RRT students, and precepting new team members.
- Trains and precepts nursing staff as assigned.
- Lung expansion therapy.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides patient care to all ages; neo-nates, pediatrics, adults & geriatrics.
- Educate and counsel patients and family members
- Trach Care
- Other assigned responsibilities.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Respiratory Therapy - Maryview
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN