Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency DepartmentRequisition R115186 Market Willard, Ohio Department Emergency Department - Willard Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Mercy Health Willard Hospital
Sign On Bonus Eligible!
Full Time, Part Time, PRN options available!
Join our team today!
Higher Pay Scales and Sign-On Incentives
Accredited Residency Programs & Specialty Fellowships
Flexible Schedule to live the life you deserve
Increased Float Pool Differentials
Rewarding Higher Differentials with working on the weekend
Summary of Primary Function
Delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifies and determines the priority of patient’s problems/needs, and evaluates the process and outcome of nursing care; coordinates, provides and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team members.
Essential Job Functions
In collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team, conducts initial and ongoing patient assessment, analyzes assessment data, creates a plan of care, implements treatment and evaluates treatment effectiveness; administers medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Practice and Bon Secours Mercy Health policies and procedures; serves as point of contact for patients' care coordination throughout hospital departments.Acts as a patient safety advocate by participating in ongoing quality improvement in the department.Incorporates the professional practice model into care delivery
• Knowledge of contemporary nursing practice and future innovations
• Nursing judgment and skill based on principles of the biological, physical, behavioral, and social sciences
• Application of the nursing process in patient care delivery
• Coordination of patient care delivery
• Evaluation of professional nursing practice to optimize goals and outcomes
• Health teaching and health promotion
• Patient advocacy and partnership
• Interprofessional collaboration and leadership
• Understanding and utilization of office and clinical technologies
• Compassionate, relationship-based approach to help find meaning in illness, suffering, pain, and existence
• Integration of quality improvement, evidence based practices and research in practice
• Accountability for professional actions
• Effective stewardship of available resources
• Conflict management and resilience
• Authority for delegating activities to others, while remaining responsible and accountable for outcomes
BLS Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (preferred)
Valid nursing license from the state of practice (required)
Associate of Nursing, nursing (required)
Diploma in Nursing (required)
Bachelors of Science, nursing (preferred)
oPerforms repetitive tasks/motions
oHears alarm bells, telephone, and other sounds
oHears normal conversation
oHave good manual dexterity
oHave good eye-hand-foot coordination
oHave clarity of vision: near (< 20”)
oHave clarity of vision: mid (>20”-20’)
oHave clarity of vision: far (>20’)
oReads and interprets written/oral instructions
oSets and meets deadlines, prioritizes work and works independently
oIdentifies and understands issues and problems
oExamines data and draws logical conclusions demonstrating the ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding
oExpresses or exchanges ideas by means of oral or written communications
oMakes decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit
oOrganize thoughts and ideas into understand terminology
oMust be flexible and able to adapt to change
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Emergency Department - Willard
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- RN- Registered Nurse- PRN- Peds Unit Richmond, Virginia
- RN Registered Nurse | Acute Rehab Unit | Springfield Regional Medical Center Springfield, Ohio
- RN-Registered Nursing-Nursing Flex Team-System Paducah, Kentucky