Certified Pharmacy Technician Mercy Health St. ElizabethRequisition R073018 Market Youngstown, OH Department Pharmacy - St. Elizabeth Shift Afternoons/Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
About Mercy Health:
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Certified Pharmacy Technician – St. Elizabeth
The Certified Pharmacy Technician prepares and distributes medications, monitors medication inventory levels, and maintains patient records. As part of the Pharmacy team, you provide patient care to neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients. All duties are performed under the supervision a Registered Pharmacist.
- Prepare and label various forms of medications, including large and small volume intravenous admixture solutions and certain parenteral medications
- Fills and delivers unit-dose exchange carts with medications for delivery to various hospital nursing units
- Updates patient profile records of the on-going medication use
- Maintains and replenishes medication supplies
- Prepares and maintains files for storage and retrieval of patient (active, discharged) medication orders
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or GED
Licenses & Certifications:
- Pharmacy Technician certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Or, certification by an American Society of Health System Pharmacy (ASHP) approved organization
- If you do not have the above certification, you must obtain it within one year of employment
- At least one year of experience in a hospital setting
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:32
Department:Pharmacy - St. Elizabeth
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse