Cook, St Joseph - Mercy Health (FT)Requisition R100751 Market Youngstown, Ohio Department Food and Nutrition - St. Joseph Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
This is a Collective Bargaining Unit Position
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Cook – St Joseph Warren
The Cook is responsible for tasks related to patient meal service, including the timely assembly, final preparation and delivery of nutritionally appropriate and attractive meals. The Cook also practices appropriate food handling techniques and safety procedures while demonstrating excellent customer service skills on a consistent basis.
- Assembles and serves meals according to diet orders, menus and patient/guest specific requirements
- Adheres to hand hygiene and infection control procedures on a consistent basis when interacting with patients and guests
- Areas are restocked as needed to meet department demands
- Performs sanitation for assigned work area in accordance with departmental procedures and health department guidelines
- Ensures cooking and serving equipment is prewashed, washed and sanitized per department procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or GED preferred
- No experience required; On-the-job training will be provided
- Previous Food Industry or Customer Service experience preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to write and understand written and oral communications
- Engage with staff and patients in a professional manner
- Basic math skills
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Food and Nutrition - St. Joseph
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse