Registar East Palestine Primary CareRequisition R043854 Market East Palestine PC Department East Palestine Pcp - Mercy Health Physicians Youngstown LLC Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Knowledge and training in medical terminology, keyboarding and computer skills, required.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office, required.
- Clinical experience and/or training, required.
- Experience providing administrative duties and clinical care in a physician practice or ambulatory clinic setting, preferred.
- Computer literacy, required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Broad range of administrative and technical skills in the context of the healthcare or business office environment.
- Impacts activities in other work areas on a frequent basis and contributes in multiple work areas.
- Makes decisions based on policy and/or consultation with co-workers and team members.
- Requires judgment in selection of alternative courses of action.
- Adapts standard principles to new or changed conditions.
- Demonstrates critical thought process and can work independently.
- Provides feedback to assist with decision making process.
- Performs analyses and makes recommendations regarding utilization of resources.
- Coordinates work with others.
- Conveys detailed, routine information.
- Ability to operate basic machinery (i.e. copier, fax, scanner, etc…).
- Provides written responses in standard format to others knowledgeable in the subject.
- Requires listening skills to maintain cooperative associations.
- Solutions generally based on past precedent with some risk taking involved in developing a new approach.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Welcomes the patient and other customers by offering services and assistance in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Indentifies and verifies demographic and appointment information (i.e. name, date of birth, etc…).
- Enter patient’s care team information (i.e. PCP, referring physician, specialists, etc…).
- Indentifies and verifies insurance information.
- Creates predetermination letters for insurance coverage.
- Performs patient and surgery scheduling.
- Facilitates the check-in and check-out process.
- Collects co-pays, if required.
- Closes the cash drawer and creates the deposit and submits the deposit if required.
- Corrects information in the patient and claim edit work queues.
- Scans documents as necessary into the patient medical record.
- Creates telephone encounters and forwards to appropriate physician or staff.
- Creates non-clinical letters in the patient medical record under the direction of the physician or mid-level provider.
- Orders tests as directed by the physician or mid-level provider.
- Assists with the authorization process.
- Assists with securing financial assistance or relays contact information for financial assistance.
- Promotes quality customer service.
- Functions as an effective team member.
- Facilitates efficient practice/clinic operations.
- Promotes staff and team development.
- Assists the manager with operational functions.
- Provides basic office duties.
- Clinical accountabilities outlined in the Addendum Section.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 – 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Walking: 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral vertical reach 36-72”; bilateral carry 30’, 25#; push/pull 100’, 19ft.lbs.; lift 0-25# 6-36” from floor; lift 0-25# 36-48” from floor; lift 0-25# 6-72” from floor, climbing stairs; operating machines: (2 foot/feet).
Sitting, unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”, bilateral fine motor manipulation functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aid or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; operating machines: (2 hand(s)).
Not at All
Hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 min; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt; bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; more 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; climbing ladders, working from heights, crawling, kneeling, running, operating machines; keyboarding & CRT usage.
Category III Job Classification – HMHP employee jobs that include all other employees not covered under Category I & II jobs whose tasks do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:East Palestine Pcp - Mercy Health Physicians Youngstown LLC
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN