Registered Nurse (RN) ICU (Critical Care) – St. Elizabeth Hospital Youngstown - Full Time
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN) ICU (Critical Care) – St. Elizabeth Hospital Youngstown - Full TimeRequisition R071777 Market Youngstown, OH Shift All Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Sign On Bonus $5,000 for experienced RNs (2 + years experience)
EXPERIENCED RN's PREFERRED
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Registered Nurse (RN) – ICU (Critical Care) – St. Elizabeth Hospital:
Mercy Health St. Elizabeth Hospital has CURRENT OPENINGS for the following ICU (Critical Care) units:
- Cardiovascular Intensive care unit (CVICU)
- Medical Intensive Care unit (MICU)
The ICU (Critical Care) Registered Nurse (RN) position is responsible for delivering exceptional nursing care to patients by:
- Utilizing strong organizational and leadership skills to assess patient status
- Determining the priority of the patient’s problems and needs
- Implementing clinical nursing interventions to acute, critical patients that require intensive medical care
- Developing and performing patient care plans to enhance and improve outcomes
- Ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary care team
- Conduct initial and ongoing patient assessment
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes
- Administer medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Practice and Mercy Health Mercy Health policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Associates degree or Bachelors degree in Nursing
Licensing & Certifications:
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – American Heart Association or Red Cross
- If you do not have this certification, Mercy Health will help you gain this certification during Orientation
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association
- Additional required certifications may vary based on unit
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Telecommunications Operator – Springfield Regional Springfield, Ohio
- Registered Nurse (RN) -FT- Evenings/Nights- Emergency Department- St.Mary's Hospital Richmond, Virginia
- Patient Safety Companion PRN- Mercy Health- Springfield Regional Springfield, Ohio