Registered Nurse (RN) ICU St. Elizabeth Boardman
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Registered Nurse (RN) ICU St. Elizabeth BoardmanRequisition R095749 Market St Elizabeth Boardman Hospital, Ohio Department Intensive Care Unit (ICU) 2W - St. Elizabeth Boardman Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Sign on bonus for experienced nurses 1+ years
The Registered Nurse (RN) works with his/her team partner(s), using the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate direct patient care. The RN serves as a clinical expert and assumes a leadership role on the Patient Care Team. As leader of the team, the RN is responsible for integrating care delivery among team members and directing the team toward the common goal of improved patient outcomes and customer experience.
The RN performs a variety of basic age-specific duties in providing comprehensive patient care. All clinical care is done under the direction of the RN who determines appropriate tasks for delegation. Members of the Patient Care Team are responsible for making observations as directed by the RN and reporting deviations to the RN.
Graduate from accredited School of Nursing
Current RN license in State of Ohio
Must possess BSN or obtain within 5 years of employment
1-2 years nursing experience required
1-3 ICU, preferred or experience in specialty
Orientation program is provided
BLS certified by American Heart Association
ALS certified by American Heart Association
- Performs repetitive tasks/motions
- Hears alarm bells, telephone, and other sounds
- Hears normal conversation
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Have clarity of vision: Near (< 20”)
- Have clarity of vision: Mid (> 20” – 20’)
- Distinguish colors
Please indicate the activity’s level of frequency that applies to this position using the following frequency scale:
1 = Not at all within shift (0%)
2 = Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
3 = Frequently within shift (34-66%)
4 = Continuously within shift (67-100%)
Activity 1 2 3 4
Reaching above head X
Lift/Carry > 50 lbs < 100 lbs. X
Twist at Waist
Push/Pull with force < 50 lbs X
Reaching above shoulder X
Lift from floor level up X
Push/Pull with force > 50 lbs X
Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs. X
Lift from waist X
- Reads and interprets written/oral instructions
- Sets and meets deadlines, prioritizes work and works independently
- Defines and understands issues and problems
- Examines data and draws logical conclusions demonstrating the ability to apply high levels of critical thinking and understanding
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of oral or written communications
- Makes decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Organizes thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to change
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur
- General office environment - works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, airconditioned office area, with moderate noise levels
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids
- Potential exposure to infectious organisms
- May have periods of constant interruptions
- Prolonged periods of working alone may occur
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:36
Department:Intensive Care Unit (ICU) 2W - St. Elizabeth Boardman
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Emergency Department Technician PRN/Patient Care Technician Petersburg, Virginia
- Clinical Coordinator (RN)- FT Evenings- 2N Telemetry Unit St. Mary's Hospital Richmond, Virginia
- Registered Nurse (RN)- New Grad Accelerated Education Program (ACE) - Med/Surg or Critical Care - St. Francis Medical Center Midlothian, Virginia