Respiratory Therapist Respiratory Therapy Mercy Health St. Elizabeth PRNRequisition R088911 Market Youngstown, Ohio Department Respiratory Therapy - St. Elizabeth Shift All Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Mercy Health exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Mercy Health seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
The Respiratory Therapist provides quality care by assessing, coordinating, and evaluating the respiratory care provided to our patients. This includes routine and complex procedures while using a wide variety of techniques and equipment. The Respiratory Therapist also collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and communicates effectively with others.
- Performs respiratory therapy with an understanding of the indications, contraindications, hazards and precautions associated with all delivered therapy
- Assesses the pulmonary status of patients receiving respiratory care and makes recommendations for therapy
- Administers medical gases, aerosolized medications and provides therapies to maintain bronchopulmonary hygiene per protocol
- Functions as a member of the cardiac arrest, trauma, and other emergency teams as indicated
- Performs airway clearance and lung volume expansion therapies and instructs patients regarding follow-up care
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Satisfactory completion of formal Respiratory Therapy training in a Commission on Accreditation of Respiratory Care (CoARC) approved school program
- Required to have Bachelor’s degree within 3 yrs. for Respiratory
Required Licensing & Certifications:
- Current state licensure as a Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – American Heart Association
- One of the following
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential with the National Board of Respiratory Care
- Limited Permit
- Will float between SEYH, SEBH and SJWH as needed.
- Will work holidays, weekend and night coverage as required to meet staffing needs.
Direct Care – Physical Demands
Occasional – 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent – 34 to 66% of workday
Constant – 67 – 100% of workday
Not at all – 0% of workday
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72”; Bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; Lift 0-50#, 6-36” from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2hand(s)), operating machines 2foot/feet).
Standing, walking 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral horizontal reach 0-18”; bilateral carry, 30’, 27#; push/pull 100’, 19ft lbs; hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 minutes; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr with gait belt; move 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; lift 0-30#, 6”-36” from floor; lift 0-20# 36”-48” from floor; lift 0-20# 6”-72” from floor.
Bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aided or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.
Not at All
Climbing ladders; working from heights; crawling; kneeling; running
Category I job classification – MH employees who have jobs with tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues and/or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Respiratory Therapy - St. Elizabeth
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse