Occupational Therapist - PRN- Anderson Hospital
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Occupational Therapist - PRN- Anderson HospitalRequisition R129445 Market Cincinnati, Ohio Department Occupational Therapy - Anderson Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
- Obtains and interprets prescriptions/orders for services with physician/referral source as required. Assesses and evaluates patients using appropriate non-standardized and standardized tests. Ensures completion of patient pre-certification/authorization requirements as needed. Completes thorough charting of services. Demonstrates knowledge in growth and development necessary for evaluation of adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. (pediatric as required by site).
- Develops individualized treatment program consistent with patient’s age, diagnosis, functional status, and personal goals. The patient and/or family/caregiver are included in development of attainable goals.
- Selects and administers appropriate techniques, modalities, and interventions to maximize outcomes. Monitors patient’s response to treatment and modifies the plan as needed. Demonstrates knowledge in growth and development necessary for treatment of adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients (pediatric as required by site). Locations for treatment and evaluation include the hospital/clinic and settings in the community.
- Effectively communicates to patient, family/caregiver and treatment team both orally and in writing.
- Collaborates with the patient, family/caregiver and treatment team in planning for discharge. Provides patient and family/caregiver education and training. Makes appropriate discharge recommendations and obtains and/or recommends appropriate assistive equipment.
- Promotes the profession by participating in the Clinical Education program and providing education to others.
- Maintains competency by participation in continuing education, in-services and other learning opportunities. Meets standards for all required reviews of competency.
- Shares responsibility for common goals of the team by carrying caseload consistent with peers, maintaining the work environment and inventories, adjusting individual responsibilities to meet needs of department/work environment and positively representing department and profession to others.
- Participates in process improvement by identification of improvement opportunities for patient care, data collection and solutions to identified problems.
Required: Graduate of accredited program in Occupational Therapy with minimum of a Masters degree. Holds a current Occupational Therapy license from the State of Ohio in good standing. Maintains CPR Certification.
Preferred: Graduate of accredited program in Occupational Therapy with Masters level degree. Certification in a specialty area, for example: CHT, NDT, Lymphedema, etc.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Occupational Therapy - Anderson
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- RN - Registered Nurse - Chester Emergency Department - FT Mids Midlothian, Virginia
- Lead Mammography Technologist - Full Time - Sign on bonus eligible! Richmond, Virginia
- Clinical Lead Registered Nurse (Charge/Lead RN) - 5 South Surgical - Maryview Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia