EEG Tech - EEG Department - St. Rita's Medical Center - PRNRequisition R095397 Market Lima, Ohio Department Physical Therapy - St. Rita's - IP Shift Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Skilled professional and technical work for the performance of various neurophysiological tests. Work is performed under general supervision in accordance with established procedures, performance requires good judgment and action in specific situations testing neonates, pediatric and adult patients. Board certification by ABRET.
- Performs routine and stat testing in EEG lab and portable procedures at the patient's bedside. These include but are not limited to: EEG, brainstem auditory evoked potentials, visual evoked potentials, long term monitoring for epilepsy. Measures and places electrodes in accordance with standard procedures. Applies special electrodes as needed, arranges special montages as needed. Observes patients and reports/records spells, annotates patient during spell and documents any other unusual behavior or any other problems.
- Explains testing procedure and purpose to patient and family members. Prioritizes studies with input from epileptologists.
- Inspects and tests equipment to insure proper operating conditions, makes minor adjustments and repairs.
- Assists with general maintenance. Acts as a liaison with biomed, I&T and vendors to insure proper equipment and software function.
- Participates in the orientation and training of new employees as directed. Collaborates with manager and medical director to determine training needs. Provides intermittent education to EEG technicians.
- Collaborates with neurology office and central scheduling to optimize schedule for out-patient testing.
- Ensures that EEG records are appropriately pruned and the server storage is maintained and monitored.
- Accurately completes billing for all studies. Ensures that interpretation of studies are assigned to the correct physician.
- Assists with ordering of supplies and reviews equipment needs.
- Assists with data collection and reports for performance improvement. Routinely monitors quality of studies, reporting issues as necessary. Collaborates with manager and medical director on development of performance improvement plan.
- Acts as point of contact for EEG tech technical questions, concerns and needs.
- Participates in neurophysiology program development such as policy/procedure creation and periodic review.
- Assists with on-boarding new physicians to set up software access. Routinely communicates with departmental manager and other departmental managers as needed to facilitate completion of studies.
- Collaborates with Mercy Health I&T staff to maximize use of server storage. Acts as conduit from staff to I&T as necessary.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Graduate of Accredited NDT Program
Registered EEG Technologist (ABRET)
1 year of experience, clinical hours may be considered as experience
Basic Life Support (CPR) Required
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Physical Therapy - St. Rita's - IP
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse