Certified Medical Assistant - FLOAT (Hampton Roads)Requisition R063458 Market Norfolk, VA Department Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA & RMA eligible) Job profile: 160A00
The Medical Assistant is a multi-skilled clinical professional that works within the scope of practice and in alignment with the standards of excellence and quality. The Medical Assistant provides indirect and/or direct patient care under the direction of the provider.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Under the direction of the provider, contributes to the completion of the patient’s chief complaint (including but not limited to respirations, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, height, weight and temperature) and documentation of patient/family needs. Identifies significant changes in patient condition through data collection and reports them to the provider. Understands and adheres to the legal responsibilities and requirements within the Medical Assistant role.
- Under the direction of the provider, participates in planning and implementing care for patients within the scope of Medical Assisting practice. Troubleshoots issues and escalate problems to provider, direct supervisor, or appropriate internal resource. Demonstrates standards of excellence in care in all interactions, for both internal and external customers.
- Maintains clinical and administrative skills per the departmental competency guidelines to meet patient care and daily operational needs. Essential skill set includes front desk workflows, i.e., patient registration, scheduling, phone triage, cash handling, check-in/check-out and performing scribing duties as needed basis. Travel to other facilities for BSMH providers or adjusting work hours to meet patient care needs as directed by the manager may also be required.
- Maintains a safe and supportive environment by keeping the work area, exam rooms, and equipment in clean, orderly, and safe manner, ensuring availability and proper functioning of supplies and equipment.
- Assists patient and provider with virtual health visits to include setting up the visit through appropriate platform, pre-charting the virtual visit prior to the scheduled appointment, contacting the patient to ensure preparedness for the virtual visit, troubleshooting virtual visit issues when needed, obtaining chief complaint and health maintenance checks, medication review, and other relevant patient details prior to the actual call. Follows up on orders, appointments, referral and follow up visits, and collects co-pays.
- Within the Medical Assisting scope and state guidelines, administers ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, as directed. May performing casting duties according to state regulations and appropriate certification requirements.
- Documents in EMR accurately and appropriately. Manages My Chart request and incoming patient calls. Manages in basket messages under the Provider’s verbatim instructions.
- Other duties include but not limited to ordering supplies appropriately. Tracks referrals, labs and diagnostic tests, disposes of contaminated supplies, etc.
- This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Required Minimum Education: HS Diploma or GED
- Preferred Education: Vocational/ Technical Degree in Medical Assisting
- Licensure/Certification Required: Active, unrevoked MA certification/ABR-OE credential. Acceptable certifications are: CMA (American Association of Medical Assisting), RMA (American Medical Technologists), CCMA (National Healthcareer Association), NCMA (National Center for Competency Testing) or NCRMA (National Association for Health Professionals). Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum Years and Type of Experience: At least one year of Medical Assisting experience or active, unrevoked MA certification/ABR-OE credential.
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Medical Terminology and the ability to use standard office equipment.
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: Strong oral and written communication skills, and an ability to collaboratively work with patients, families and teams within a high-volume environment. Strong attention to details and an ability to multitask without prior instruction or direction.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Physician Office Administration - Clinical Float Pool - Provider Based
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse