Occupational Health LPN - PRN
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
Occupational Health LPN - PRNRequisition R070645 Market Paducah, KY Department Shift Days Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
Position Summary: Provides specialized occupational health nursing care for individuals and groups of employees & patients Facilitates communication between health care providers, employees and employers in order to provide quality, efficient health care.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education: Education: Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training.
Completion of an accredited program for licensed practical nursing.
Experience: Three years’ acute care of adults.
Preference given to candidates with one year of occupational health experience, but will consider and train those with emergency room, ambulatory care, community health, family practice, or ICU experience.
Licensure: Current KY LPN license
Demonstrate ability to make independent clinical judgments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapt to changing priorities, manage time well, and be an advocate for employee health and safety while understanding the complex agendas of multiple parties. Demonstrate commitment to quality and customer service as evidenced by clinical care, key operating indicators, and working relationships with co-workers and clients.
Provide clinical nursing services for occupational and non-occupational injury and illness while meeting all governing practice standards.
2. Perform a variety of physical assessments to include the following:
- Occupational and medical history
- Physical exam
- Vision screenings
- Hearing screenings
- Graded exercise tests
- Breath Alcohol Tests
- Urine Drug Screens
- Vaccine administration
3. Reports findings appropriately as per corporate client policy, making referrals and recommendations as necessary.
Initiates and maintains occupational health and safety documentation that meets legal and policy requirements of Bon Secours St. Francis Health System. Protects confidentiality of information within areas of own position responsibilities by preventing unauthorized release, both verbally or in writing. Communicates clearly with employees, employers, insurance providers and other health care providers. Fosters understanding of the individual’s medical and workplace plan in order to prevent further injury and to promote early and successful return to work. Effectively instructs individuals and groups concerning the following:
- Individual health care plan
- Healthy lifestyle choices
- Safety behaviors
- Work limitations
Organizes and maintains efficient occupational health units by:
- Maintaining cost-effective and medically appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment
- Cleaning treatment areas and equipment
- Calibrating equipment
- Sterilizing equipment
Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards of Bon Secours St. Francis Health System and its corporate clients. Practices Universal Precautions. Plans, develops, implements and evaluates educational programs and seminars as requested. Assists with marketing presentations as needed. Attends departmental meetings, training, and participates in company meetings. Enhances professional and personal growth and development through participation in educational programs, literature reviews and in-service meetings.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:8
Department:Paducah Occupational Health - Harness
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Telecommunications Operator – Springfield Regional Springfield, Ohio
- Registered Nurse (RN) -FT- Evenings/Nights- Emergency Department- St.Mary's Hospital Richmond, Virginia
- Patient Safety Companion PRN- Mercy Health- Springfield Regional Springfield, Ohio