Medical Technologist - (Nights - Bonus Eligible!)Requisition R100306 Market Portsmouth, Virginia Department Chemistry - Maryview Shift Nights Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
MARYVIEW MEDICAL CENTER
$5000 Sign on Bonus eligible for external candidates with 12+ months experience. Two year pay back agreement. Rules and restrictions apply.
Performs laboratory diagnostic tests, which are waived, moderately and highly complex . Evaluates the effects that a patient’s physiological condition may have on test results. Confirms test results and provides the physician with data necessary to determine the presence, extent, cause and treatment of disease. Assisting in developing, designing and modifying quality control programs, assuring the accuracy and reliability of test results. Monitors, maintains and troubleshoots laboratory instruments and equipment. Assists with training of new employees / students. Assists physicians with Bone Marrow collection procedures, is able to interact with physicians and nursing staff in a positive manner. Performs computer functions on the LIS system Assists Manager with work assignments and administrative functions. Participates with continuing education in respective areas of expertise. May assume responsibility in absence of the supervisor. May be required to perform phlebotomy functions on occasion.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree in Medical Technology or related field, including a one year internship program in an approved School of Medical Technology or an equivalent alternative is required.
2. Certification as a Medical Technologist by a nationally recognized certification agency is required.
3. Previous experience in clinical laboratory is preferred
4. This position may be an entry level position
5. Requires judgment in planning work, assessing results, solving problems, and taking or recommending actions.
6. Work includes the use of microscopes, chemicals, complex laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
7. Requires rigid accuracy in the receiving, processing and result entry of orders and results.
8. Must possess satisfactory communication and interpersonal skills.
9. Able to work independently and coordinate job responsibilities with peers; must be able to work under pressure.
10. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with the realization that error and negligence may result in negative consequences for patients, a disruption of Medical care operations or in a financial loss for the facility.
11. May be required to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and / or overtime as needed.
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Chemistry - Maryview
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse