Infection Prevention CoordinatorRequisition R049392 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Days Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
I. Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Coordinates Infection Prevention and Control activities by providing technical instruction on hospital infection (HAI) surveillance and reporting; communicable diseases follow-up and reporting; investigating disease outbreaks in the hospital and providing continuing education of the staff on Infection Prevention and Control.
Conduct surveillance and reporting of infections as required by state and federal regulatory groups using Center of Disease Control's (CDC) definitions and reporting system (NHSN). Utilizes full access to the EMR to obtain required concurrent and/or retroactive patient information.
Coordinates with quality team, administration, nursing leaders, environmental services and system Infection Prevention teams in ensure Infection Prevention practices are in place for patient safety and associate safety.
II. Employment Qualifications
1. Requires Bachelors of Science in Nursing. Must possess or be eligible for license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia.
2. Work requires a minimum of two years clinical experience plus knowledge of regulations and criteria of Infection Prevention and Control systems, related facility and off site policies and procedures, and aspects of Infection Prevention and Control process at a level generally acquired during one to two years progressively more varied experience in Infection Control.
3. Certification in Infection Control (CIC) preferred. CIC certification expected within two (2) years of hire.
Bon Secours Mercy Healthis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:SS Corporate - Administration
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. RN