Speech Pathologist- PRN Days (Flat Rate)Requisition R088709 Market Richmond, VA Department Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Part-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
The associate shall be responsible for providing a full range of speech-language pathology services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in a team environment consistent with the position’s qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards.The associate shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible team fashion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Conduct initial assessments, develop individualized treatment plans and provide age appropriate therapeutic interventions.
Evaluate patient response to treatment and document the course of patient care in the electronic medical record including progress made and continuing need for treatment.
Provide patient and family education on tasks and resources that support continued functional independence and document same in the electronic medical record.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT AREA
- Participate in program quality management activities.
- Collect performance improvement data.
- Participate in survey preparation activities.
- Participate in department safety activities.
- Contribute to the delivery of cost-effective care.
- Participate in continuingeducation/professionaldevelopment activities to include mentoring students and volunteers.
- Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, coworkers and others.
- Adhere to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, and Bon Secours Mercy Health.
- Contribute to marketing activities.
- Maintainlicenses/certificationsand memberships in applicable professional organizations as required.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Assist in providing team members within-service/cross-trainingon speech therapy knowledge and skill areas as needed.
- Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of departmentclinical/administrativefunctions.
- Collaborative participation with the interdisciplinary team as applicable.
- Participates as a team member by performing additional assignments not directly related to the job description when workload requires and as requested by supervisor.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION: Graduate Degree (Masters)
SPECIALTY/MAJOR: graduate of a Master’s level program in speech-language pathology which is either accredited by the Educational Standards Board or whose course work and practice meet ASHA certification requirements; possess current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from ASHA or in Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY), and hold current state license as applicable.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONREQUIRED: State license is required
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESREQUIRED:Experience in working with an adult and geriatric population is necessary.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESPREFERRED:Experience with an Inpatient program/services and pediatric/adolescent populations is desirable, but not necessary
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0.01
Department:Speech Therapy - Richmond Health Source
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.
I wanted to get into a career where I’m happy to go to work.Luis F. Registered Nurse