LPN- Harbour View Family Practice
At Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses are able to see the impact they can have on our patients’ lives. We encourage and support our nurses as they develop and grow in their profession. Whether you are a new graduate nurse or joining us further along in your career we have opportunities and multiple career path options for you. Every patient means the world to someone and at Bon Secours Mercy Health our nurses mean the world to us.
“Being able to positively impact peoples' lives every single day. Great culture and friendly people at the home office in Bond Hill. New building/technology and wonderful cafeteria staff and food.”
What makes a successful Nurse at Bon Secours Mercy Health?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Compassion — We commit to accompanying those we serve with mercy and tenderness, recognizing that "being with" is as important as "doing for".
- Human dignity — We commit to upholding the sacredness of life and being respectful and inclusive of everyone.
- Service — We commit to providing the highest quality in every dimension of our ministry.
- Stewardship — We commit to promoting the responsible use of all human and financial resources, including Earth itself.
- Integrity — We commit to acting ethically and modeling right relationships in all of our individual and organizational encounters.
LPN- Harbour View Family PracticeRequisition R129782 Market Suffolk, Virginia Department Harbour View Family Practice - Provider Based Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours!
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Bon Secours exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Bon Secours seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
$5,000 Sign On Bonus!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) –Harbour View Family Practice
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for the delivery of patient care under the direction of the Physician. The LPN functions as an integral part of the health care team to provide the highest quality of care to the patient by preparing and assessing patients for provider visits. In this position, the LPN will observe, record, and report patient responses to medical care provided during appointments.
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Under the direction of a Licensed Professional (e.g., Physician or Nurse Practitioner), the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for the delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifying and determining the priority of patient’s problems/needs, and evaluating the process and outcome of nursing care. The LPN coordinates, provides, and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team members. The LPN complies to all documentation standards within the scope of the Medical Assistant and the LPN role.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care team members in meeting patient/family needs
- Implements the plan of care by providing direct basic nursing care in accordance with the LPN scope of practice
- Appropriately labels and packages specimens, as trained
- Assists in providing indirect care through various clerical or administrative duties as assigned by the registered nurse
- Acts as a chaperone for health care providers during patient examination as requested
- Assists provider with procedures, treatments, and interventions
- Other duties as assigned
- • Analyzes the assessment data, evaluates patient's condition, and collaborates with the provider to develop and maintain the patient's plan of care.
- • Provides education to patients, families, and staff members, in conjunction with other healthcare entities, under the direction of the provider or manager.
- • Coordinates the care of the patient with other healthcare entities according to the patient's plan of care.
- • Administers medications in a safe manner, which is consistent with the organizations policies and procedures as well as the state requirements with which they are licensed in.
- • LPNs in a lead position serve as subject matter experts and clinical and professional mentors within the practice.
This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) from the state of employment (required)
- BLS Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (required)
- 1 year of clinical patient care experience (preferred)
- EPIC Electronic Health Record (EHR) training (preferred)
Take and document vital signs
Monitor patient conditions during in-office treatment(s)
Document patients’ medical records
Administer medications/vaccinations within scope
Inform medical professionals regarding patient conditions and care
Manage patient messages and communications (e.g., in-basket, MyChart messages)
Schedule tests and appointments
Telephonic patient triage
Attention to detail
Acceptance of authority
Communication with family members
Time management skills
Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur
May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse
May be required to use physical restraints
May be exposed to adverse weather conditions; cold, hot, dust, wind, etc.
May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights
May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids*
May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials*
May have periods of constant interruptions
* Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Lifting/Carrying (0-50 lbs.): 34-66%
Lifting/Carrying (50-100 lbs.) 34-66%
Push/Pull (0-50 lbs.) 34-66%
Push/Pull (50-100 lbs.) 34-66%
Additional Physical Requirements/Hazards
Manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination)
Perform shift work
Maneuver weight of patients
Hear alarms/telephone/audio recorder
Reach above shoulder
Repetitive arm/hand movements
Acuity - far
Acuity - near
Use of latex products
Exposure to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents
Exposure to moving mechanical parts
Exposure to dust/fumes
Exposure to potential electrical shock
Exposure to x ray/electromagnetic energy
Exposure to high pitched noises
Gaseous risk exposure
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
Neonates (0-4 weeks)
Infant (1-12 months)
Pediatrics (1-12 years)
Adolescents (13-17 years)
Adults (18-64 years)
Geriatrics (65 years and older)
Bon Secoursis an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Department:Harbour View Family Practice - Provider Based
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some instances, the nurse’s voice and touch is the last thing a patient will hear or feel. This is part of our calling as nurses, to be there for our patients in all stages of life, from the beginning to the very end.Ali L. Registered Nurse
You will have days where you are the sole reason that someone is alive. You won’t find that in any other career.Michael W. Registered Nurse
Paid Time Off
Recently Viewed Jobs
- Nursing Coordinator (Behavioral Health) Portsmouth, Virginia
- LPN Bon Secours Short Pump Richmond, Virginia
- RN Registered Nurse | Acute Rehab Unit | Springfield Regional Medical Center Springfield, Ohio